Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
While we get rain that will knock down the nice 11+ base we have before hopefully getting 6 inches out of it. :angry: Only hope that the freezing rain then rain quickly change over to snow to get the most possible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The news weatherman in Rochester is starting to backpeddle - to cover his previous statements that we would see snow. Could be rain now he is saying. . .

Not worried, though. He's not known for being very accurate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been seeing many different forecasts for north central Iowa. One says freezing rain then rain then maybe upto 6 inches. :bs: Then the other says freezing rain then snow 8-10 inches. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and see what happens. I'm hoping for snow...... or at the very least to keep what is on the ground already. :boohoo:

·
Registered
520 Posts
what i've heard is that in the next few days it's pretty much supposed to snow, then rain, then snow, then rain. in the end, lots of snow in the whole state with talks of as much as 20" in the central part of the state. i ride in SE MN and put on 65 miles yesterday but won't have time to ride again til sunday so the snow should be there waiting for me :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
just watched the weather on the local news and it's looking bad. It seems what was once a lot of snow is now down to 2.5 inches. :nosnow: I really hope he's wrong. With rain and freezing drizzle that won't be enough to cover it for riding. :boohoo:

·
Registered
737 Posts
There talking 12 - 15 inches for us in the west central area. We already have 3 or 4 inches on the ground. the bad thing is they are also talking high winds in the next couple days but I guess that will fill the ditches..

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
8,703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funoutfitters @ Dec 24 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There talking 12 - 15 inches for us in the west central area. We already have 3 or 4 inches on the ground. the bad thing is they are also talking high winds in the next couple days but I guess that will fill the ditches..

Jeff[/b]
That wind is going to make things pretty hairy for awhile. eekkk

It was a nice snow last night in the Cities. Half a foot of nice fluffy stuff. Perfect to play. Cat happy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks like ND is going to get it as well and we will see some of this here in southern Manitoba.

Everyone drive safe in your Christmas travels - turkey will still be there :lol:

:lovewinter:

:Small_santa:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
I'm guessing we have 6", maybe slightly more here as of right now. This is good snow, it will pack down nice. Another 6" would certainly set up a real nice base for future snows!! I just hope the groomers can get out and pack it down a bit before too many tear up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We got dumped on up north. I'd say at least 8 inches right now in TRF and it's still falling. The ditches around my place are packed with at least 4 feet. Already had the sled in them. :)

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
What started off as absolutely perfect turned into pure crap for us down here along the river (Southeast). We picked up a nice heavy, wet snow over Wednesday night ... probably 3" or 4". Unfortunately the remaining forecasted snow (actually it was sleet turning into snow) ended up being RAIN. So we took a big hit unfortunately. Last night brought us a dusting so it at least whitened up the crap left behind. I'm only a couple miles from the trail so I may head out and see first-hand how bad it is. What sucks for this area is, a lot of the trails are fields instead of woods. If we had the majority of our trail system being woods I wouldn't be so worried. But the fields were crappy even before the 3" to 4" ... I can only assume they're as bad or worse now after the rain.

The good news is, I can still trailer & not have to travel all that far to get some good riding in.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
hey at least you guys have had snow.lol here n. of buffalo 3in total this season..

·
Registered
186 Posts
AWESOME RIDING in South Central and Southern MN. Not trying to rub or talk smack but the best in YEARS!!!!!! Cat happy Now it's getting :cold: :trail: Not worthy:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts