Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

What’s the trick reinstalling lower A arms?

953 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigwaynebarton 
#1 ·
Did a rehab with the paint on my front A arms, trying to put the lower A arm back in and it is an insanely tight fit. The bushing in the arm does not want to fit between the bulkhead and the mounting plate. The tolerance is ridiculous and the arm does not want to go back in place so that I can then install the mounting bolt and nut. I had to hit the crap out of the arm from the backside to get it out so I feared that this was going to be a pain to reinstall. Is there a trick to increasing the space between between to two mounting points or is there a trick to knock that A arm back in place? Thanks in advance.

#3 · (Edited)
Here's the thing, the bushing alone will not fit between the bulkhead and mounting plate. I tried putting the bushing in place while out of the A arm and there just isn't enough room for it to slide in place without using some sort of serious force. I'm wondering if there is some sort of trick to create just a little more clearance between the bulkhead and mounting plate so that the bushing will fit. The A arm fits fine without the bushing so I know it's the bushing that is creating the extremely tight situation. I've thought about grinding the bushing down a little bit but then I would just be a hack. I have done a ton of searches in the forums and the only info that I can find is topics about removing stuck mounting bolts. I never had that problem. My bolts came out easy. I just can't find one single topic on reinstalling lower A arms addressing the tight fit. I'm including a pic of the bushing. It's called an axle but looks like a bushing.

#4 ·
Excessive paint or powder coat build up keeping the bushing from going all the way in?
Sled been in an accident at all?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.