Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/O.UPG.KDLH.SN.Y.0001.000000T0000Z- 070101T1100Z/ /O.EXB.KDLH.WS.W. 0006.000000T0000Z-070101T1100Z/ DOUGLAS-BAYFIELD-ASHLAND-IRON- 1114 PM CST SUN DEC 31 2006
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM CST MONDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DULUTH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM CST MONDAY.

A TOTAL STORM SNOWFALL OF 5 TO 9 INCHES...WITH LOCALIZED HIGHER AMOUNTS...IS EXPECTED ACROSS FAR NORTHWESTERN WISCONSIN OVERNIGHT. SNOW WILL COME DOWN HARD AT TIMES...WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF AN INCH AN HOUR PRODUCING VISIBILITIES AS LOW AS A QUARTER MILE. AREA LAW ENFORCEMENT CENTERS REPORT ROADS AS SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY... WITH MANY ROADS IMPASSABLE ACCORDING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION.

DRIVING WILL BE HAZARDOUS ON HIGHWAYS 2...53...27 AND 13...AND EVEN WORSE ON LESSER TRAVELED ROADS. IF YOU MUST DRIVE ACROSS NORTHWESTERN WISCONSIN OVERNIGHT...BE SURE TO ALLOW PLENTY OF EXTRA TIME TO REACH YOUR DESTINATION SAFELY. DRIVE ON WELL TRAVELED ROADS IF POSSIBLE...OR BETTER YET...HOLD OFF ON TRAVEL UNTIL MORNING.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
2, 53, 27, 13........bah. Back roads. Did I ever tell ya about the time I rode A all the way back from the Port?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
All we got here last night was rain and freezing rain, woke up this morning and most of the snow we had is gone, expecting a high of 7C today :( Damn this weather sucks

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Looks like a SOLID 3-5" Should be just enough for a QUICK 300 miles today, before it ALL melts by wed.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MELROSEMAFIA @ Jan 1 2007, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like a SOLID 3-5" Should be just enough for a QUICK 300 miles today, before it ALL melts by wed.[/b]
Get'er done Melrose, let us know how it went :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
3X....doesn't look like any snow fell at Valhalla.....at least indoors where the cam is :(

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Just a teaser here. Must be about 2-3" here. Just enough to make things white, and just enough to make a big mess when it's 40* tomorrow :( :(

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 1 2007, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3X....doesn't look like any snow fell at Valhalla.....at least indoors where the cam is :([/b]
That better? Don't know how much they got up on the hill, but had one helluva' time getting home last night. Could hardly see the ditches (and I was sober too, LOL).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greensled @ Jan 1 2007, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just a teaser here. Must be about 2-3" here. Just enough to make things white, and just enough to make a big mess when it's 40* tomorrow :( :([/b]
Ain't that the truth bang your head Oh well, at least tomorrow's drive to work should be uneventful (I'll gladly consider that last statement a jinx if a monster snowstorm would develop).

·
Registered
180 Posts
We got 6-8" of fresh powder Saturday into sunday. Looks awsome out there all white !!!! We have a chance of a few more snow showers this week and it looks awsome. I am located in Grafton, ND and there is even better snow up north about 60 miles. (Wallhalla ND)
They have awsome trails and lots of hills to ride on. They have more snow then us. I was told somewhere around 8-10" and the sleding is awsome !!!

I went out yesturday and rode cross-country to the first USCC cross-country race of the season. 1st was here in Grafton, on Saturday and 2nd race in Minto on Sunday. They completed the race at both locations.

Graftons race was before this last snowfall so it was alittle tough but it snowed all night to make it super sweet for the Minto race.
I even rode my 2006 crossfire 600 to the race from my front door. This was well over due....

Hope you all get snow soon so you can enjoy this great sport we have..... THINK SNOW !!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally got out for our first ride of the season. The trails aren't even close to open yet but we got enough to get out to a few different lakes.
[attachment=59308:pIC_0050.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live in central NY near the snow belt and we have nothing!The forcast is saying near 50 by thursday !bang your head I bought a brand new 06 F6 and i have yet to ride it and it's just killing me!!!

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
i wish we were getting snow..nothing but grass and mudd here..i dont even see any snow banks anymore.

·
Registered
262 Posts
we had like 5 inches here in north eastern ny.....nows its all ice. Mother Nature Sucks

·
Registered
134 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FreshJive @ Jan 1 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Finally got out for our first ride of the season. The trails aren't even close to open yet but we got enough to get out to a few different lakes.
[attachment=59308:pIC_0050.JPG][/b]
Hey Fresh Jive,

Where abouts are you in Northern Ontario??? We're dying here in Toronto (10C), willing to drive anywhere right now to get to snow :(

Got a new toy and want to take it out bang your head

Steph

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts