Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i did it i went out and bought a brand new ac 2007 700 efi red with le package and hand guards and hand warmers. I drove it all weekend even tho i almost broke my ankle at work before i went to get it and the fact that it snow stormed here in april lol. Even with all that i put on 140kms in the 3 days i had off on the weekend. This thing is so amazing and i want to thank you all for the positive enforcement to go for it. The only thing wrong with it is the brakes are all messed up the foot pedal doesnt even do anything and the lever doesnt stop the bike fast so its going in for that when the oil change comes up. So on my first day out i got it stuck twice once in like 5 feet of snow in a ditch and the other a hiden creek bed. Heres some pics of mine and my friends acs.

also a little video on you tube of some donuts ha lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cjrI6_V_k

thanks for looking and anyone in the ontario area near london wanna go out and trail ride or anything let me know

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Nice choice, it def looks better dirty in those pics..lol.. You'll put alot more miles on it soon enough, mines an 06 and I got 2500miles on it. If that lil 3wheeler expects to follow a Cat your gonna be using that winch alot..lol.. Enjoy the new toy,

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it we had to pull that honda 3 wheeler out oh about 4 times that day and he was going around all the stuff we went through. Oh im going to have a ton of fun with it i love it and my next one will be cat for sure. Tuff as nails.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Did you burnish your brakes?

If you read your manual, it specifically states that the brakes must be burnished and also explains the process. It's best to burnish your brakes while they're dry and free of debris. From the excellent pics, it would appear that those conditions would not be conducive to good brake burnishing.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice bike! I have figured this world is made up of 2 types of atv owners. 1 Those who own cats and throw straps 2 those who own something else and knock cats because they are tired of taking the straps good to see you will be on the giving end much more than the recieving. Excelent choice and a awesome color. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to be totally honest here i didnt burnish the brakes i dont even know what that is or how to do it.... And i admit the manual is still under the seat.... i watched the saftey dvd tho...lol so did i screw them up do you guys have any clue on how to correct this mess im in now lol thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
434 Posts
no just read the manual and go through the process. even without the break in the rear should not be totally worthless though. If your not feeling anything something is wrong. Go ahead and go through the process listed in the manual though after they are cleaned from any mud then allowed to dry and see if it helps any

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually tak i did get it from fast track....there an amazing dealer thats for sure...so where do you ride yours at.

·
Registered
77 Posts
joined OFATV and there is a local club south of London Talbot Trail Riders, they have some trails not a ton but working on it. I plan on going to the Haliburton trails and maybe even Sudburys trails this year. Also hear Clinton has some good trails.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i work in goderich which is 15 mins from clinton which is also where i keep my bike. The trails here are pretty good. I just would like some other ppl to go out and ride with.... i also want to go up north this summer for a trip. Yah fast track is an amazing dealer and i will be back to them for another one for sure.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAK @ Apr 9 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you bought it from Fast Track they always burnish the brakes before you get it.[/b]
If they had burnished the brakes for him, don't you think that they would be in proper working order before they let it off the lot? No dealer in their right mind would sell a machine without the brakes working properly. Particularly on a machine capable of nearly 70 mph!

Wash all of the mud and crap from the brakes, dry them off as best you can and go through the burnishing process. You should still be able to get them burnished. If they don't work after that, see the dealer. There may be other factors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I will keep in touch and let you know when we go out for a ride sometime, the only bad thing is my neighbour drives a brute so we will have to pull him out all the time. (I wish he could see this)

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright borat soon as it stops snowing here im going to wash it and go through the process thanks alot.... Ive already emailed the dealer about it im sure they will give me some advice as well...

·
Registered
48 Posts
it may be hard to burnish your brakes if they are not working properly. when i bought mine i had to take it back to the dealer so they could do a better job bleeding the brakes before i could do any kind of serious braking.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Your rear brake may need adjusting. They are hydraulic, yes, but there is an actuator rod that may need adjusting. My rears had hardly any braking and after they were adjusted, they worked great. As for the fronts, it almost does sound like they need to be burnished, but if they were, then I would check into having the dealership bleed them (warranty and/or prep stuff). Either way it should be covered without issues.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAK @ Apr 9 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
joined OFATV and there is a local club south of London Talbot Trail Riders, they have some trails not a ton but working on it. I plan on going to the Haliburton trails and maybe even Sudburys trails this year. Also hear Clinton has some good trails.[/b]
ArcticChat member Houleigan and I occaisionally ride the Haliburton trails. Might be an idea if we hook up for a ride some time. :chug:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, it looks awesome. kewlpics :trail: I really like the style of the 07 gauge cluster.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.