Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'll say I didn't have a single problem with that sled, no coolant problems,no side panels melting, no electrical problems, etc.

Of course the sled rides like no other sled I been on :super_happy:

I did however notice (like most are stating) ski push in the corners when getting aggressive. I think a good pair of shapers would solve that.

I ran 153 1.175 woodys I like the way those handled on the trail

I have one BIG problem! I did a couple of short drags from 0 to 85 mph against my buddies bone stock renegade 800 guess who lost....................ME WTF.???? I hope the hell its because its not broke in yet at 260miles. Because I'm gonna have big trouble with my other buddies stock machz

Tell me I really didn't buy a 11,000 dollar 1000cc sled to lose a stock 800 bang your head

Anybody with similar results?

This was on a short chunk of Rangely lake across the cove in front of where Dockside use to be.(that was pretty much all that what frozen)

I don't know whats up with that. We were neck and neck from a rolling start, that was the best I could do.

Also had my brother pull up next to me on the trail at about 40 we both nailed it....I couldn't pull away from him either. Hes also running a renegade 800.

I mean I love everything about this sled but this sitation.................Don't tell me I should have bought that renegade X 1000 I looked at briefly I dunno

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just sold my T-Cat !!!! Now if I still wanted speed I would have kept it lol.
I told the guy who bought it not too come any where near my F1000 !!!! All I have to say if you want
speed you have to be ready to do some modes. My ThunderCat stayed stock for the first year then it was
time to make it fast!!! Guess Im getting old just looking for a trail sled that will be hard to keep up with.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f1pete @ Jan 19 2007, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First I'll say I didn't have a single problem with that sled, no coolant problems,no side panels melting, no electrical problems, etc.

Of course the sled rides like no other sled I been on :super_happy:

I did however notice (like most are stating) ski push in the corners when getting aggressive. I think a good pair of shapers would solve that.

I ran 153 1.175 woodys I like the way those handled on the trail

I have one BIG problem! I did a couple of short drags from 0 to 85 mph against my buddies bone stock renegade 800 guess who lost....................ME WTF.???? I hope the hell its because its not broke in yet at 260miles. Because I'm gonna have big trouble with my other buddies stock machz

Tell me I really didn't buy a 11,000 dollar 1000cc sled to lose a stock 800 bang your head

Anybody with similar results?

This was on a short chunk of Rangely lake across the cove in front of where Dockside use to be.(that was pretty much all that what frozen)

I don't know whats up with that. We were neck and neck from a rolling start, that was the best I could do.

Also had my brother pull up next to me on the trail at about 40 we both nailed it....I couldn't pull away from him either. Hes also running a renegade 800.

I mean I love everything about this sled but this sitation.................Don't tell me I should have bought that renegade X 1000 I looked at briefly I dunno[/b]
remenber you are still running oil in gas right and does get alot faster up around 500 miles , i have 311 on mine and i can tell that it picked up from 200 miles and i run 132 picks and they are 1.25 long with longer nuts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just wondering if there was a way to wake these sleds up with out modifying them..................its a 1000 for crying out loud!!! No cat masters on here? That was a little embarrassing, I guess I expected more, cat always has the hot motors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just put 400 miles on mine in Northern Wisc and the UP. I've had the y-pipe and bullseyes on since mile one, Goodwin clutching and 187 studs. I've had TCats and a ZRT 1004 and this sled seems considerably faster to 100-105. Top end on a long run, the triples would have walked it. So far, no mechanical problems, 12.5 mpg or slightly better. I had a pair of USI skis in the garage and threw them on before trying the stock ones. It rides much lighter than the triples and handles very well. The only thing I don't like is the plastic. I parked next to a Renegade 1000 when we went to dinner and the hood on the Renegade had a finish you could look into. The plastic on my F looks dull with no depth and it shows every scuff and smudge not to mention all the effort it took to get things lined up. I never ran across anyone to race but there's no doubt in my mind this thing would have smoked my wife's 2003 F7 with ease. On the other hand it could not have hung with the F7 in the tight twisties. At least with me at the controls. It's a great chassis and the motor is excellent with incredible potential. Hopefully they'll come with a better finish and color scheme next year.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I am in Rangeley now, will be helping at the radar run tomorrow, will have our shop sled there and another.. f1000.. if you are here still, maybe we can see the difference, and maybe twist your arm a little for a few $$ for a few mods.. lol...

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ODS Dan @ Jan 19 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am in Rangeley now, will be helping at the radar run tomorrow, will have our shop sled there and another.. f1000.. if you are here still, maybe we can see the difference, and maybe twist your arm a little for a few $$ for a few mods.. lol...[/b]

D.

Make sure u post some pics of the event and .... of a 130 mph O7 CF1200(?) ..thats the skid for speed..Right?

Bob.

BTW >>Big moose ,NY has over 8' of ice as of 1-18/2pm Most likley 1-26 or 27 we will have a bunch of 275 +Hp sleds, there..Shooping300 hp edge...Benders,400hp Turbo rx1..260 Hp 3cyl Nytro...275Hp Apex trail sled..etc.
660 ft and 1000.

....timing and radar too if the weather permits.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bailed on the snodeo. We only had the cabin till Fri. But left Thursday night to beat that storm. Dan as you can see by my other posts I've spent the long dollar on mods before. I was really hoping my stock 1000 cat could beat a stock 800 renegade :( what with all these dyno numbers and what have you.

Any way I would be interested to see how you make out in the drags.

Does that P.J.s powersports have an entry? I ended up buying a whole new cat suit there, they seem nice.

Were do you stay? We ran into a bunch of guys from the cape. We got all twisted up at that club house(aka peoples choice).

Have fun. Hope that storm brought more snow than we had. good base though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sometimes conditions can mean all the difference in an informal drag. A 800 Renegade with 1.25in x 16in track will probably kick your butt in heavier snow. Try him on hard pack and see what happens.

My CF1000 could soundly trounce a 800 HO powertek Renegade. From a roll on I could let him pull away and then blow by him especially over 80+mph. I was quite impressed. I was seeing 99 mph in relatively heavy snow!! My 700 Sabercat EXT would have pulled 85 max in those kind of conditions. This 1000 is for real! I have 170 miles on my sled...

You have to pick your spots for dragging or you may get embarressed...don't loose faith yet. If this becomes a trend though start with checking your belt deflection and track tension (two most common issues). Maybe your power valves are not opening...what RPM are you running?

·
Registered
70 Posts
f1pete, I put the Shapers on mine and it's a night and day difference over the stock garbage they give you (as it should). Also, I don't have a 1000 but I also think my 600 is a little down on performance when comparing it to my 04' 600. I don't know if it's the diamond drive, the extra weight, maybe a combo of the two? My 04' seemed to have more punch. I didn't think my new one would be faster than my firecat because of the weight, but I thought it would still have that punch. Well maybe this one will break-in nice......only have a little over 200 miles on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have any of you guys checked your belt deflecion, clutch alignment, and track tension since you've had it out on the first ride?? It made a big differance on mine. I also notice a little more power after I put 500 miles on it. I would check those things out and see how it runs. These engine are built pretty tight.
:bleedgreen :lovewinter:

·
Registered
70 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BIGCAT19 @ Jan 22 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Have any of you guys checked your belt deflecion, clutch alignment, and track tension since you've had it out on the first ride?? It made a big differance on mine. I also notice a little more power after I put 500 miles on it. I would check those things out and see how it runs. These engine are built pretty tight.
:bleedgreen :lovewinter:[/b]

Haven't checked those items yet. Only been on one trip but next time I go up I'm gonna take a look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts