Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up an older sled a couple weeks ago. Spent some time playing with its body parts giggity..
changed the oil and decided finally take it for a bit around the yard…. Aaand it wouldn’t start.
checked a few things. Found this forum and a lot of great topics and decided to pull the plugs and see what they looked like. Glad I did.
Found many mouse things..
what looks like a stock fuel filter cracking fuel line.
and some dirty plugs.
so some questions.
1)Iridium plugs are stock?
2) Anyone have success using fuel line from the spool or should I stick with the molded stuff (I assume only available from the dealer)

oh and some pictures. Cause everyone loves pictures.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Plugs should be NGK MR8AI-9 iridium.
With the fuel line as long as you can avoid kinks, it should be ok. Service manuals can be downloaded for free from country cat . com under technical information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip. I actually just noticed that the emissions section of the plate attached to the side of the machine shows NGK CR8EIB-9 as the plug.
What I found in it are marked NGK MR8AI-9 as you suggested they should be.
It’ll probably come down to what I can find locally and in stock.
I’ve downloaded the manuals already. But thanks for the advice on those. They were a little harder to find than I expected. But maybe because I’m on a mobile.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
If you’re on the mobile site you will see these icons at the top of the screen to add photos or files off your phone. Hit the paper clip and a message will come on screen. Pictures are in sequence

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what I’m on. Looks like it works. Thanks for the tips.
Figured I’d scrub some parts down since I had it out. I like things clean.
Lol. Guess there is a little to much skin in that one pic. Got flagged as 18+. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also had pro patch up a headlight. Also took the opportunity to sand and polish both headlights. Cracks are still pretty obvious. But it’s water right now. And definitely clearer than the yellow it was previously.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Well you have quite the project there! It’ll be nice when you’re done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts