Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
week to build and week shipping, hope the meet my expectations for the price. got the at steelers without the rez, red/black spring combo instead of the blue/white. after talking with the sales then tech guy there recomendation was to get the rez on the back only not the front which was kinda odd considering the rear shocks have not given me any problems compaired to my fronts that when the oil gets hot they top out and get real sloppy. they were saying that the rears get less air movement so they get hotter and stay hotter longer and both said i would have no problem with the fronts without rez. guess only time and test riding will tell if they were worth the money! i'll get some pictures and a write up when i get them and install/ride them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hey nice to hear that AG and I are not the only ones that heat up the shocks enough to make them sucky and bouncy, let us know how they work out, as I am interested in changing my shocks and any info will help

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah ag i believed had a little something else lined up for shocks for his. only one other person/member on here that i have ever in 2+yrs heard of having these and they/he could only rave about the. tryed to contact member but hasn't been on in along time and no responce and searched all over the net for someone else on a v2 with no results.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics when you get them installed! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ya defianately give us a ride report on them, I was thinking better shocks would be nice to have to make an already great ride a better ride...I've been talking to the guys at FAST in Eveleth about trying out a set of Ohlins with res. on mine if they can find me some the right length, so a guy can revalve them to suit your riding style would be a nice feature to have

·
Registered
146 Posts
you ought to be very happy with the improvement, works are a good shock for the money... thats what we used to run on the race quad before we could afford the elkas..... but I tell you waht if anyone wants a helluva ride try out some elkas, never rode any on ute's but they are bad ass on the 400ex's, and the yfz450. Let us know about em.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
elka's price was starting at 7-800 a pair and definately couldn't justify for trail riding 14-1600 for shocks unless i raced. should work good, just in price compairson i put builisen's on my gmc and they were only 3-400 for all four. if they get rid of my ill handleing when getting hot stockers problem i'll be plenty happy.

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
What a coincidence you posting this today!

I was on the phone with my Cat dealer today, we were talking about a set of Fox Floats.

There's a set out there that are basically straight bolt-ons. They're the proper lengths, compressed & extended.

If I choose to go for them, they're going to cost $1550 before taxes, and that's in Canadian dollars. eekkk

A bit pricey!

I might still end up going for the Works shocks.

IMO, the front is most important for the reservoirs, they seem to take twice the pounding compared to the rears.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Apr 20 2007, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
any day now should be here..........................[/b]

We are waiting patiently for the report and pics!!!!! :drool:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
guna detail the machine tommorow and change the rear a-arm bushings, did the front last week, then it'll be ready for pictures when they arrive!

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
Kevin... I'm looking forward to your ride report!

I was originally going to get the Works shocks, then after talking with my dealer we were going to piece together Fox Shox from existing snowmobile shocks.

The latest development is now it looks like I might end up using Fox Floats. Just waiting to hear back from the Fox company to find out if their seals on the air sleeve is up to the task, if it can take the dirt environment.

My dealer's opinion is that it should be OK. Moto-cross bike forks are up to the task with only a deflector sheild. So it should be OK.

The models we're looking at will offer about an inch more travel, about a 1/4" shy of having the axles contact the outer CV body at full suspension extension.

Dealer will be calling back today to let me know if Fox thinks their Fox Floats are up to the task.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
good news bad news, got a bit ago and fronts went on great, started on rears and bottom bushings that came with shocks are the wrong ones. sent them a e-mail (with pict's), see what they say, hopefully they can ship the right one out quickly, and yes i tinkered with old ones but different shock side size so won't work either. here is a few photos for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
real close to the same length, with in mm i would bet 15.75 front 15.25 rears. picture is of the two old front ones next to the one new front one and two rears.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts