Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, havent been on in a long time. the 500's running great, just turned 400 miles this past weekend. but i have a problem, well not really a problem but a concern. when banging through the gears goin wide open, ill be in 3rd, let off the gas, shift to 4th theen get back on the gas, but when i get back on the gas its like the tranny goes into neutral and i hear the grinding of the tranny, i let off the gas immediately and then it goes into 5th...wtf?
i was thinking maybe the clutch had to be adjusted...what do you all think?

now i know your gonna ask if i fully let off the gas and fully shift...and yes i do, been driving manuals all my life and it only happened on this machine. it doesnt do it all the time, but every once in a while

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Sounds to me like a clutching issue. I think you're on the right track with adjusting it. Don't know how you do that though...

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol neither do i.....maybe ill just take it in one of these days when im upstate and have them do it

hey sanny, when did you sell your V2 and buy cattermans H1???

man, ive been away for to long!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Jan 17 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds to me like a clutching issue. I think you're on the right track with adjusting it. Don't know how you do that though...[/b]
It does sound like the clutch needs to be adjusted. To do this there should be somewhere on the clutch side cover (possibly under another little cover) where there is a lock-nut type adjustment. With a flat screw driver hold the adjustement screw and loosen the nut turn the screw (counterclockwise I beleive) untill you can feel tension on the screw then turn back 1/8 turn. Now that is how its done on my honda, might be a little off as its been a while since I've had to adjust it.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
hey buddyp my trannys been doin the same thing except sumtimes mine will backshift in to third again
let me ask this question does it do it all the time or just when ur comin hard on to er

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
only when im bangin through the gears....noticed it when i was at the sand pit this weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts