Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just let my ride his 05 ski doo something, i didnt really care. I absolutly hated it. It just felt so tippy and you just couldnt go into a corner confident. Even he said he felt more confident on my sled.

Has anyone else felt this on a rev?

This is why i prefer AC over any other brand. There suspension is far more advanced than any other company!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I got a quick ride on a 05 Fanner Rev and found the same thing, I almost tipped it over without even trying hard.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some people love them and others hate them...and there seems to be no real middle ground. Personally myself it took about 1/2 an hour to adjust to the new style of riding and then I never looked back. The stock ski's sucked and at times and induced a feeling of uncontrolability in the corners but I've experianced that with other sleds as well. Ditch the stock ski's and then hang on.
Maybe you do need more body english to rail a REV around a corner but to me it just seems like such an easy chassis to get it to do whatever you want to do and I've never actually noticed it.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
We have both a 2005 MXZ and of course a Cat.

When we first got the doo in 05 everybody that I let try it out said they thought it felt tippy as it does sit higher.

It's really not tippy, and the more miles you ride it you will get use to it.

In 2006 they lowered the overall height decreasing the length of the front shocks and lowered the front end.

What you experienced is about the same as what I have heard from others who have jumped on our REV for the first time...

·
Registered
149 Posts
i got to ride one on my trip last year for most of the time i was up there. and i liked it alot, i loved the body position, seat hight, handlebars, everything. i didnt feel it was tipsy at all, im come off of quads though and the ergonomics are about the same as far as that stuff and i think that is why i liked it so much. when i was getting a sled i wanted a rev but couldnt afford one or a newer f series, so i have a 2002 zr600 and we will see how i feel they compare in this feild once we get some snow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I may bleed green, but i will also admit the ski-dont summit revs work very very well in the mountains.
I ride with a lot of REV 800's and they just simply work well ! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As it turned out he crashed his sled. He has few acres and was messin around and he aparently stated tipping and bailed then the sled at like 20mph went and wedged itself between 2 large trees. I emailed me pics and the sleds front end is absolutly toast. He said there is no chance in reviving the sled. So he is looking for a new sled. Im hoping to make him go green seeing everyone around here is already.

Anyone know a good sled for an amature like him?

·
Registered
298 Posts
My 2000 ZR500 will flat corner much better than my Rev, but I (myself) prefer the ridding position of my 2005 REV. Once again I love my ZR :wub: , but I prefer to ride the REV.

·
Premium Member
8,153 Posts
Started out on a Rev, so I would know no better bang your head but from taking out a F7 for a rip I found it to be much tippier.
But then again it might have to do with the power the F7 had. I dunno
To me sitting on the "old firecats" after getting off the Rev was like getting out of a truck and sitting in a car, I can say that it would take alot of getting used to on my part to get used to riding the non-rider forward sleds.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I found that the first hour on a Rev I thought that it was tippy but that went away with each mile I logged on her. Still a Cat guy but I can appreciate a good sled.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SABERCAT500EFI @ Jan 14 2007, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As it turned out he crashed his sled. He has few acres and was messin around and he aparently stated tipping and bailed then the sled at like 20mph went and wedged itself between 2 large trees. I emailed me pics and the sleds front end is absolutly toast. He said there is no chance in reviving the sled. So he is looking for a new sled. Im hoping to make him go green seeing everyone around here is already.

Anyone know a good sled for an amature like him?[/b]
to be fully honest

that kid has not right to be on a sled

if he would be my son,he would be grounded and a good beating

that crash was NOT the sleds fault

good god we are not talking about a 1974 TNT here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts