Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I for one think that the world no only orbits around the sun but moves farther and closer to the snow just enough to melt the iceage and cuase low snow, now I think this is repeated over millions of years and once the snow is gone than it will slowly come back to an ice age...

either that or the world weather patterns are changing, as I in Iowa United states have had more snow than some of the people up in canada :(. I also know el Nino is a factor here but it never was this bad before???

·
Registered
86 Posts
There has been such a dramatic change in the temps over a relatively short period of time that makes it hard to believe it's just the earth's orbit around the sun. I tend to believe it has more to do with the amount of green house gases emitted into the atmosphere over the last 100 years.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
I think it was all of the Polaris Fusions burning up the last few years that has affected the climate…

·
Registered
86 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevem5215 @ Jan 5 2007, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's probably due to all those electric generating plants. You know which ones Dave.

lol

Steve[/b]
Those aren't helping, I know. We're selling a bunch this year, but we're sold out of wind turbines for the next two years!

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
The winter of 1891 was quite similar or maybe worse than the winter we're having around here this year so there's still hope things might turn around in future years and it's not all greenhouse effect.

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
there is no simple answers

people are grappling at straws and the greenhouse gas starw is way too easy to grasp

these are facts

the EL nino is strong and the North Atlantic Oscialation is Negative and are causing the current weather in North America

Plus the sun has been real active the past 7-8yrs

·
Registered
524 Posts
We will get snow, we have too right I dunno

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Jan 6 2007, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The winter of 1891 was quite similar or maybe worse than the winter we're having around here this year so there's still hope things might turn around in future years and it's not all greenhouse effect.[/b]
Just think of what those poor people with the new '92 model year sleds were going through... bang your head I dunno :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
One thing I like about this stretch of bad winters.... Only the "real" snowmobilers will remain when the smoke finally clears and things return to normal. All the posers and "theme party" knuckleheads will have quit. Less people on the trails means I can ride faster and I've got no gripes about that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Jan 6 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kev @ Jan 6 2007, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The winter of 1891 was quite similar or maybe worse than the winter we're having around here this year so there's still hope things might turn around in future years and it's not all greenhouse effect.[/b]
Just think of what those poor people with the new '92 model year sleds were going through... bang your head I dunno :lol:
[/b][/quote]

i dont think there were sleds out in 1892. :tongue_nana: lol yea. but this is rediculous i havent even gotten to ride my sled yet, and i have had it for a month now. and its 50 degrees and raining out in ny bang your head

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 6 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Only the "real" snowmobilers will remain when the smoke finally clears and things return to normal. All the posers and "theme party" knuckleheads will have quit.[/b]
or there'll be one hell of a rush of sled sales again to ''get back in'' with the crowd

·
Premium Member
4,622 Posts
:tongue_nana: it's just the same as it always is, the experts all have an opinion, they have billions of dollars worth of equipment to do their forecasting with and yet they are wrong, what about 70% of the time, and they all continue to have jobs, all I know is, is that if I was wrong even a 1/32 of the amount of time that they are I would definitely no longer have a job and would probably be dead my2cents it all comes down to one thing, we need :snow: and lots of it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
72 degrees here in CT. Cant believe it. Got my first sled in November and i told my buddy if i buy it it wont snow. Looks like i was right!! bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head

·
Registered
237 Posts
NO really it is my Fault,just my Luck if I would have bought one sled we would have all had 2 inches of snow,but no I had to pick up two! and looking to trade my little one in at this time lol!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I too bought a new sled :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts