Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

We got ICE!!!

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bullridin_fool 
#1 ·
Worst ice storm in 20 years, thats what everyone's calling it about 1 inch now 2-3 more inches coming tonight.
Springfield,Mo is now a disaster area, downed trees, no power. I live about an hour north of there. I've been playin on the ice all day.

#2 ·
I'd trade you in a heartbeat, but you have to take the power outages with it! :lol:

#3 ·
Its better up here put i still have around a 1" of ice with 3 to 4" of snow coimg tomorrow... and its bitter cold out....

#4 ·
Do NOT wish for ICE... In 98 we had an ice storm...I live in the center of a city and no power for 7 days. I had to drive my truck over peoples lawns around trees and stuff just to work.. My truck was a International Eagle with a 48' trailer full of PEPSI...Gotta Have It!! And we were on the smallest end of it. up north in April I was still riding roads with 4" of Ice on them.

#5 ·
:devil_angry: Hey i would love to have some winter weather.I am in the Chicagoland originally from south east mo we have nothing as of now no sleet snow ice nothing.The bears play tom so maybe that will be fun.It has just been raining here so to wet to really even ride.Prayin for the snow put the plow on today just in case.Go Bears, Go Cards For Basebaball

#6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Jan 13 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do NOT wish for ICE... In 98 we had an ice storm...I live in the center of a city and no power for 7 days. I had to drive my truck over peoples lawns around trees and stuff just to work.. My truck was a International Eagle with a 48' trailer full of PEPSI...Gotta Have It!! And we were on the smallest end of it. up north in April I was still riding roads with 4" of Ice on them.[/b]

You must be from NY I take it? I remember '98, I was without power for 2½ weeks and most other people. We got buy and helped those that couldn't. I sure don't want to go through that again. I also had 6 unit apartments to contend with other than my family. Tough going for a while. Hope you guys are doing well.

#8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (modn @ Jan 14 2007, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dukie @ Jan 13 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do NOT wish for ICE... In 98 we had an ice storm...I live in the center of a city and no power for 7 days. I had to drive my truck over peoples lawns around trees and stuff just to work.. My truck was a International Eagle with a 48' trailer full of PEPSI...Gotta Have It!! And we were on the smallest end of it. up north in April I was still riding roads with 4" of Ice on them.[/b]

You must be from NY I take it? I remember '98, I was without power for 2½ weeks and most other people. We got buy and helped those that couldn't. I sure don't want to go through that again. I also had 6 unit apartments to contend with other than my family. Tough going for a while. Hope you guys are doing well.
[/b][/quote]

No I am not from NYS, but I live just over the border from you..Kingston...Used to go the the speedway every sat night when we lived in Gananoque. But with kids and such it has been getting harder to go. BTW hows the riding on your side. Looking to take someone on a tour?

#9 ·
Here are some pics, but nothing like what springfiled got!

Attachments

#11 ·
here is what it looks like here :D took it out for alittle spin on the ice LOL

Attachments

#13 ·
ah nothing like a little ice. i remember the last ice storm here in cny. wasn't a big deal really. no power for a week isn't the end of the world. it wasn't that long ago NO one had electricity. that and i do have two generators. one 5k diesel unit and a pto unit that's around 45k that we run with the tractor. i've got a woodstove that i heat with, a propane heater and a propane cookstove. i'm all set for quite awhile. that and i've got a truck with about 3k gallons of propane sitting in the drive way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.