Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any insight on getting the metering springs and a new needle for a WDA 31 a. Most of the full rebuild kits are out of stock. I am flooding the base of my panther with a few pulls I am guessing the needle is bad, it has a rubber tip on it . I am thinking the seat is pressed in and not serviceable am I correct? I have not checked the needle arm clearance yet, but would prefer to replace the needle before I try it. I am missing one of the metering springs.

·
Registered
870 Posts
there is a parts dealer in Mn, called Fowler Distributors that I have found older carb kits they may be able to help you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Same here I think I'm missing the the three little springs that go in the pump section seems hard to find these carbs and parts. Mine idles but floods bad when trying to drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not to say you haven't already but with all this talk of flooding, have you made sure your metering lever is set at the correct height ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just checked it with a straight edge last night and it seems fine as it "slightly interferes". I have to dig out my feeler gauges to get a proper measurement though. It's worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts