Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used water wetter in there radiator?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not on my quad but it have used it in the race cars and it does help lower the temps but in the cold weather you needs to drain and fill with anti freeze. It has no freeze protection. But seeing that you are in Sippi you might not have that problem.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
ive tried it but i much rather engine ice, better cooling

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it's almost like using strait water. Didn't know it didn't have anti freeze agent in it. I guess I'll go with engine ice.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
No doubt about it Engine Ice is better than water wetter, But Water Wetter mixed with antifreeze works better then plain anti freeze. Question is do you need freeze protection below -26 or to -55 F? If you need the extra freeze protection then water wetter may be best for you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The coldest it gets down here is in the 20s and the usually doesn't last long. Do you mix the stuff with water or antifreeze or can you do both ways?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
You just add it to your current radiator. i think it is about 8 to 10 ounces. I have used it before. Seems to work just fine.
If your having cooling issues, plain water cools much better than an antifreeze mixture. Only problem is there is no corrosion resistance in plain water. In southern states a 70/30 or 80/20 water to antifreeze mix would cool better and protect somewhat from freezing. Antifreeze also lubricates the seals in the water pump.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I use Water Wetter, and have a temp gauge. I noticed about 5 degrees lower temps on average. I poured half a bottle in my 50/50 mix. I haven't had overheating issues since adding water wetter. It's not a magical elixir, but it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts