Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
Pure water cools better than antifreeze mix, but the pure water will corrode internals, the antifreeze helps with corrosion. All that said lol i run pure water with the purple ICE stuff it gets HOT on these machines in the summer especially a mud caked radiator. I relocated mine after it cooled down so when it gets hot down here we will see how it does

· Registered
773 Posts
did not know there was a difference between the two from Distilled to plain water for corrosion . The anti freeze does act as a corrosion inhibitor and lubricant as well as dropping the boiling point of the water. Even if you are running our bikes in the desert you should have some antifreeze in the system for corrosion

"Some people advocate the use of pure water instead of the standard antifreeze/water mixture. They do this under the mistaken belief that if you live in an area which doesn't freeze, then you don't need antifreeze. WRONG! Antifreeze does more than keep your coolant from freezing. Antifreeze has anti corrosion additives that keep your engine from rotting away, and it also raises the boiling point of your coolant, keeping your car from boiling over."

lol now am way off topic sorry :p i run the purple stuff in my radiator

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.