Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Water Pump Rebuild

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Fast 440 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of someone who can re-build the water pumps on these old vintage cats?

Looks like the bearings are going out and I don't want to ruin the motor by overheating it.

Thanks

~Fast

#6 ·
i am quite sure you PROBABLY could rebuild it at least as well as you spell team hp.

Fast 440, There are several manuals online on how to rebuild sled water pumps, carbs etc. If the pump has manufacturer info, or model number on it please post it, if not please post the Sled Model, Engine Size, and Engine Manufacturer (ie Kawisaki, Suzuki, etc) im sure i could find out more for you and post it here. I would suspect that you might have to find one at a salvage yard, or look on ebay. But if you leave that information, i will look into it a little further for you.

Good Luck

Kurt

#7 ·
The sled as stated in the title is a 1977 Cross Country Cat. 340 liquid cooled. I am sure I could re-build it myself also, but how, where can I get the proper seals and bearings, and how about the proper specs? The motor is made by Suzuki.

Thanks

~Fast

#8 ·
Contact your local Kimpex Distributor, or even look at an AC dealership as they may have the rebuild kit. They should not be too hard to locate. The 340 suzukis are indestructable engines, it is a very good idea if you have any question about your fuel pump that you repair it.

good luck and keep me posted

kurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.