Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 06 650 v2 for 31 days today. I noticed when I took it to my friends property that the inside of the glass or plastic on the instrument panel had moisture in it. So obviously it has a leak or small crack in it. Is this covered under warrenty? And what would have to be replaced the instrument pod or just the glass?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
In my opinion, it should be! Especially if your ATV is a brand new unit from the dealer! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
A whole new unit, as they are not serviceable.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Id have to say it's a coverable issue. engarde Whether a bad seal or what, it should be covered, and it makes sense that it would be replaced rather than resealed etc. If for some reason the dealer wouldnt take care of it, it shouldnt be long before that moisture creates a short, and then they'd have to take care of the unit, plus any circut damage, such as harness, fuses, etc. Good luck & keep us posted!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just asking...Did you take it to your friend's in the back of a truck or on a trailer? If so, I don't think you have crack.

A *lot* of '06's build a little condensation in the lower right corner if they have been trailered or taken in the back of a pick-up. Don't know why...But it quickly goes away when one starts Quaddn'.

But since you have warranty- you might as well go for a new pod as this appears to be a "factory" problem with some A/C's.

Please let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh yeah, by the way, I think it is just air moisture that condences in the pod (going from warm to cold)- or at least I hope so...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just had the pod replaced on my 06 TRV500 and it was covered under warranty. It showed a bit of moisture under the glass a while back but then it dried up. A while later it shorted out and my dealer replaced it.

A follow up question. Is it normal for the odometer to reset to 0 when this is done?

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called dealer today. He said condensation is normal . I asked him if its normal then why did my 06 400 never have a moisture problem .No answer

·
Registered
472 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sevenmag @ Jan 29 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Called dealer today. He said condensation is normal . I asked him if its normal then why did my 06 400 never have a moisture problem .No answer[/b]

All I can say is that it is "normal" on all of the ones around here. Of course, we deal with the extremes of Saskatchewan weather...

Is this moisture going to kill my pod over time? Don't know... But I haven't seen any die yet. Of course this is from a sample of about four.

Now you guys have got me concerned....Shame on you!

·
Registered
277 Posts
You could spary it w/ water from a hose and then when it shorts out he cant say it's normal that it's shorted, and he'll have to replace it as it'll be inoperative, and maybe it'll teach him a lesson that its cheaper & better off to handle the customers issues the 1st time around before a minor issue becomes a larger issue that also creates a unhappy customer who will spread by word of mouth his experiences, and will potentially cost the dealer a future sale or more.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
happened to both of our 04's and 06's, its normal

·
Registered
456 Posts
so far I haven't had that problem,knock on wood. I trailer mine qite a bit and haven't had it happen.Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I would have a talk with the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts