Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ZR8000 137 Limited ATAC
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this struck me as odd. I ordered a new 2021 ZR 8000 limited during snowmageddon... cool. Then over the summer I found an ice storm 150 track for a good price and I thought I'd give a pre-studded track a shot. Normally I stud the track myself but I figured what the hell. Anyways, when I was doing the paperwork for the new sled I had asked the dealer if me installing the new track instead of having them do it at the dealer would void the warranty in any way. Well, to my surprise... turns out the dealer is saying since the track isn't on the cat "track list" in the arctic cat catalog, and/or since its a pre-studded track, the factory warranty is voided if they OR I install it. That just seems ridiculous to me that I can't put a different track on the sled (or have them do it) without voiding the entire factory warranty. Especially if the only reason is the track has factory pre-studs... last I checked it doesn't void the factory warranty if you stud your own track... And the kicker part is the extended 2 year warranty for the sled WILL cover it after the 12 month cat warranty runs out. Anyone have any info/experience on how accurate this info the dealer gave me was? I am going to try to contact a different dealer or 2 and get their thoughts as well. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Super Moderator
8,829 Posts
Sounds incredibly weird. I can see them not covering damage caused by the track. I have a hard time imagining damage caused by running a non-quiet pad track? Stud damage is usually not covered no matter what track.
I'd do some more checking.

·
Super Moderator
8,316 Posts
Your dealer is full of it. It would be no different than studding a track. Something goes wrong because of the studs they won’t pay for it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I called another dealer and the service manager there said it shouldn't void the entire factory warranty. He did say that they might not cover something that have been caused by track after I install it though... But I figured that would be the case anyways. Just like if i studded the track it has on it myself. I'm gonna go ahead and put the track on anyways...

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
gotta love dealers... but you may see some strange things this year from cat as they are going to have to be able to make up a big difference in money loss from not being able to sell sleds in canada this year..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i was worried about that with that dumb BRP lawsuit... a buddy of mine has an xf9000 that is burning coolant, a CLEAR warranty issue and they are giving him backlash on his claim....

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
ya i can see dealers refusing to do warranty work as well... they are probably pissed..

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Frankly, I would avoid your dealer altogether. If he is saying things like that, then he's the last dealer I would go to if you ACTUALLY need warranty work. You need a dealer that will go to bat for you in case there is an issue. This isn't that dealer.

Many dealers always complain about warranty work. The service hours allowed frequently don't reflect the actual labor. If Cat balks on warranty work, then the dealer gets cranky.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts