Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First take a couple minutes to read the following thread (notice it's currently two pages):

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messagevie...p;enterthread=y

I just checked out the APV servo drum's gold colored retaining clip on my new F1000, and sure enough, that clip does indeed hit BOTH bare APV cables when the servo is in the WOT position. I can see where it hits/pinches both cables, and I can see where the "gold" anodizing has worn away on both sides of the clip. Surely just a matter of time before my cables would be fraying and/or broken too.

Upon closer look at that clip, and the way it's installed on my sled (on the outer side of the drum, so it's easily visible) I fail to see how it does a damn thing as far as helping keeping the APV cables in place. Look at it closely, and where it's located and where the cables are, both at idle and at WOT - it won't do a thing except to do what it already appears to be doing... that is, fraying and/or breaking the bare APV cables!!! I installed it facing the OTHER direction, and in that orientation, at least it has a chance to do what it's SUPPOSED to do, BUT, it will still rub the cables. My take at this point is, either it's installed backwards and/or it's a piss poor design. Don't know whether it's worth the potential trouble to even keep it on at this point. Comments, feedback, suggestions, Catmasters, Cat??? - Roy

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to load a pic (attachment) but when I hit the Upload button, it seems to be stuck "Uploading File." Am I missing something here??? – Roy

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am a Cat mechanic, and I have found this also. Every new sled I have checked so far is that way. bang your head

I pointed the problem out to Wade G at arctic cat, and he has yet to get back to me. Pull the clip off it doesnt need to be there anyway. That is what we did to the one we found it on. It is only there to keep the cables from poping out if you stick a powervalve, which rarely happens. Actually it just alerts you to the problem which is a good thing in my opinion.

The one we had trouble with just wore on the PTO side cable.

Expect a recall.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you VERY much for your reply and added insight on this problem CFM-Z440. Looks like I can stop messing with the damn thing and just leave it off for now. – Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts