Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
19,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was up at Houghton Lake, Mi. doing some drive belt break-ins and test some more clutching.

Since the last time I rode there (before recent thaw) the lakes ice was super smooth with zero ice heaves.

Today, while riding the lakes shoreline to break in a couple belts under mild usage, I found the LONGEST Ice Heave that I've ever noted there over the years.

It goes completely across East to West near the mouth of the NW bay. It has over 2' tall heaves as of this afternoon. While I was stopped to shoot pics of it, the ice was making an eerie sound as the ice was very slowly shifting while I was standing near it.

Please folks, be careful if you are attending this event. And if you're not, maybe you know of someone who is perhaps? If so, please point this out to them. Years ago, a few sledder's were seriously injured by hitting some of these.

This map pic shows what appears as a ghostbusters goblin, with its head in upper left portion.
It is at the base of the goblins cranium (skull base area) to its chin-like portion that this heave is located. All it will take is someone not paying attention, and they might not notice it. Especially at night.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the heave as it goes out from the eastern shoreline, into middle of the "neck region" of the lakes "goblin shape".

Please, just be cautious. My coworker has already lost a good friend as of this past Tursday night in nearby (to where I live) Sanford, Mi. on Sanford Lake due to his SxS going thru the ice.

We don't need to lose anymore of our beloved friends or family.

Be SAFE!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts