Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using Cold Guards for years. Love them!

Cold Guards® - home

Here's the install on my ZR6000RS.

The Cold Guards are sandwiched between the hand guard & mount.
Looking forward to another comfortable riding season, with nice warm hands.:chug:

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
I have never seen them mounted with that method. I like the idea. It keeps them around the hands better. I'm curious about the clearance for your hands.

Wonder if there is a way to make a quick mount that would work.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hand clearance, and control access, is very good. Easy in, easy out. The only control that is pretty much disabled is the parking brake. That's ok since we don't use it anyway. Even the manual says not to use parking brake for more than 5 minutes, or so, or master cylinder damage may occur.

I have not thought about a quick mount since we leave them on all season. Bar & control access is the same with or without them. No reason to remove other than "the look" if that bothers some.

Here's the Arctic hand guard mount, used on my old 7000. Same mount, with guard, came stock on the RS.

To secure the Cold Guard, to the mount, I used an automotive push fastener. My Wifes's ZR4000 currently has this set up.

The camera angle makes the brake lever look closer than it really is. Plenty of room to grab a fist full of brake if needed.

Wife likes it so it has to be good.:smile

Two holes needed to be pierced, in the Cold Guard, to retain the Arctic stock hand guard mounts on the RS.

Favoritos, DVW, and I need to take a spin once the snow flies. Or maybe pizza, at the Commander bar Breezy Point before it does. My treat if we can get the 3 of us together at the same time:chug:

·
Super Moderator
8,305 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I know that mounting method will help with hand clearance. That has always been the issue with flexible gauntlets. I have used oversized gauntlets mounted over the handguards. They move around quite a bit with wind buffeting. I asked about the quick mount because I usually carry mine in the bag until it gets cold. That mounting style offers pretty good wind protection without the loose gauntlet flopping around.
BTW, I would not turn down free pizza. :biggrin_old: It has been awhile since I have rode that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
favoritos
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing