Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted a lower windshield but not as low as a flyscreen,so i removed the trim,measured down 1 inch all the way around the top and took some tin snips and trimmed.then reinstalled trim with hot glue.installed my trail pass,now i'm good to go.now if we could just get some damn snow.

p.s. even artie got involved

Attachments

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I'm curious to see if you get that wind buffeting effect from the lower windshield. With the Cat one I have it hits me righ ton the chest. Noisy too. I see Artie was inpecting your work.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks good kerry3eb. I feel the same way as you, I think the stock windshield is just a bit too high(awkward looking) but feel the Flyscreen is just too short. Kinda hard to type exactly what I am trying to ask but I'll try..... Did you trim a full 1" off the complete windshield(from corner-to-corner) or did you taper it as you started to get to the lower mounting tabs?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks good Kerry! I too think the stock windshield is just a little too high and I don't like the blacked out windshields. To much plastic to look at. I took a stock smoked windshield
and cut it down. I really like mine, as well. No wind or noise. More visibility, too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys,duane,john and todd,thanks
i know what your saying john,after removing the trim(a little heat,blow dryer) i measured exactly 1 inch down all the way around from tab to tab so i didn't change the shape by adding or altering other than reducing,with a pencil i sketched it in.(you can use a crayon or a yellow automotive grease stick might be better) and at the tabs it cuts in, well i went the opposite and came out(about half an inch.)when i hot glued the trim back on i just layed a bead right on the edge of the windshield,i dry fitted the trim first,i had to cut a half inch off of the trim ends.i also had to start the trim a little further up so when the winshield goes into the hood the trim clears.
duane i know what your saying as well,i stopped at 1 inch for that reason,a side view of the windshield would show that there is still vertical,it just comes to vert.and not 45 degrees into the chest,so it should still deflect up.i didn't notice any excessive noise before,i ride with the cat snow cross helmet.a full ride report will follow up,maybe on the weekend
and todd,thanks. i like how you personilize your sled, the windshield looks good,i love the green sno pro,it was a tough decision for me between the green and orange.i also like where you put your decals on the side panel,i hope you didn't copyright that,because i may need to do the same,don't worry i'll speak highly of you!

·
Registered
30 Posts
well the trim went well and the windshield LOOKED great. I used gorilla glue (for the first time) to put the trim back on not knowing that it expands and turns white as it dries. So the finished product was a sweet windshield with a sloppy white mess of glue around the whole edge. Tried everything to remove the glue with no success so it looks like im going to end up buying a windshield anyway, my fault thou.

·
Registered
703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (k2davis1 @ Aug 22 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well the trim went well and the windshield LOOKED great. I used gorilla glue (for the first time) to put the trim back on not knowing that it expands and turns white as it dries. So the finished product was a sweet windshield with a sloppy white mess of glue around the whole edge. Tried everything to remove the glue with no success so it looks like im going to end up buying a windshield anyway, my fault thou.[/b]
Just cut off another 1/2" or so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts