Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03' firecat snopro with .250, track I want to put min amount of studs so 102, looking which ones to put on and where to find the best deal thanks for your input ???

·
Registered
106 Posts
normally you wouldn't unless u had a smaller lug track for ice racing. Like my track is a 1-3/8 and i have 1.25" studs. hooks up great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
your studs should be 1/8 to 1/4 inch past the top of your lug minimum. If your stud is under the lug like mentioned about they will not be able to grab into ice or hard pack snow.

·
Registered
106 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ohms machine @ Dec 22 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
your studs should be 1/8 to 1/4 inch past the top of your lug minimum. If your stud is under the lug like mentioned about they will not be able to grab into ice or hard pack snow.[/b]
I hook up great on both though...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think i used 1.30 in a 1.25 ripsaw. after 2 Yrs 12 are broken off flush with the nuts and probably 20 bent over so they don't make contact. use more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Woody's "mega-bites" are a great all around, carbide tipped stud. I recommend aluminum backers to save a little weight.... And YES you want your studs to be longer than you lug depth! When using longer studs, get the "long nut". this reduces bending of studs....

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Warthog best stud on the market.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Go with a 102 dbl backer pattern. work well and no pullouts. Use the long nuts for your application but stay away from the Megabites. I have them on my track and I'm very disappointed. Next time I'm going with gold dgrz!

·
Registered
156 Posts
BL, what don't you like about the mega bites? I'm curious because I had gold diggers on my old zr and I loved them.. Switched to Mega bites on this sled and like them everywhere but on ice. might go back to diggers...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts