Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reset the gas/oil ratio on my 05' F7 and the valves had some build up on them and I want to start fresh with cleaned exhaust valves but I've never done it and haven't had any luck trying to find a good " How To " video yet. I don't want to harm the valves cleaning them the wrong way. I would like to find a good start to finish video or tutorial if possible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When I did mine, I did an internet search for “how to clean f7 power valves”. I found a few videos that explained pretty good, but I was still hesitant. I went ahead and did it anyway and found that it was a lot easier than I expected. I took them both out at the same time, but only took one apart at a time to clean so I could look at the other to put it back together. My advice, just do it, it’s easy.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I did mine, I did an internet search for “how to clean f7 power valves”. I found a few videos that explained pretty good, but I was still hesitant. I went ahead and did it anyway and found that it was a lot easier than I expected. I took them both out at the same time, but only took one apart at a time to clean so I could look at the other to put it back together. My advice, just do it, it’s easy.
What did you use to clean the valves ?

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
Multiple options. Carb cleaner, I then wipe them down and then throw them in the dishwasher. I have also used oven cleaner. I also use a razor blade to carefully clean the carbon off.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
What did you use to clean the valves ?
I bought the sled used years ago, but it was very well taken care of. The first time I took them out they looked almost new except for a couple areas. I gently scraped those with a razor blade then used carb cleaner and a rag. I clean them quite often now so that’s all I’ve ever needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts