Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of the small project I did while waiting for snow. Exhaust and Can completely clean and repainted.

Attachments

·
Registered
550 Posts
Will the paint ever start to come off the pipe from the heat? What kind of paint did you use? It looks pretty cool

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shouldn't. I sure hope not. lol. I put a couple coats of VHT Aluminum color spray paint on the muffler which is the same stuff I used on the can, Then a couple coats of another High Heat spray paint with the green. The VHT is supposed to be good up to like 1200 degrees and the other stuff only like 700. I got the idea from others that have done it on the site. I know with no snow I will never find out and plus it isn't running right anyhow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did mine before the thanksgiving holiday, it looked the same as yours. I rode 150 miles near chrystal mountain and when I opened the hood its was black about half way from the motor outward. I also used 1,200 degree paint and primer and baked it in the oven as reccomended. I ust think its too hot for it. Im thinking powder coating is the way to go. it was still worth it, it added years of life to the pipe having some protection on it.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
That does look nice. The only problem is finding your shades each time you open the hood. Rockerdude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts