Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone to this event several times and It's always been a great time. Each year they feature a brand of sled and this year it's Arctic Cat!

Hope to see you there, Brad

Event: "WACONIA 2007 - THE MIDWEST RIDE-IN"

Contact: JOHN ZEGLIN Call: 651-649-4688 for more information.

THE FINAL DATES FOR "WACONIA 2007 - THE MIDWEST RIDE-IN" HAS NOW BEEN FINALIZED AND IT WILL BE JANUARY 20 & 21, 2007. THE BIG NEWS IS THAT THIS WILL BE "THE YEAR OF THE CAT" AT WACONIA. YES, MIDWEST VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE SHOWS INC, THE CARVER COUNTY SNOWRUNNERS, THE WESTONKA SNOBLAZERS AND THE ANTIQUE SNOWMOBILE CLUB OF AMERICA WILL BE FEATURING ARCTIC CAT SNOWMOBILES AND THIS WILL BE HUGE!!! SATURDAYS SPECIAL FEATURE DISPLAY WILL BE "793 HIRTH POWERED SNOWMOBILES". SATURDAYS PROGRAM WILL BEGIN WITH THE SWAP MEET (167 SWAPPERS IN 2006), VINTAGE DRAG RACES, SPECIAL 793 HIRTH POWERED SNOWMOBILE DISPLAY, SILENT AUCTION SATURDAY NIGHT BANQUET AND MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON. SUNDAY WILL BE THE BIG SHOW, SILENT AUCTION, LOUD SNOWMOBILE CONTEST, SWAP MEET AND OF COURSE FEATURING ARCTIC CAT ALL DAY LONG!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
This sounds like one of those benefits to living in Waconia :super_happy:

·
Registered
190 Posts
bang your head AARRGGHH!!! I didn't get a chance to see much this year. I had some things come up last minute and I had no time. I only drove through it at about 3pm on Sunday after everyone was leaving. (I did see some cools sleds though.... Like a near MINT looking 84' El Tigre' 6000). Can someone give an update on how this years Waconia Vintage show went?

·
Registered
242 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7up @ Jan 21 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bang your head AARRGGHH!!! I didn't get a chance to see much this year. I had some things come up last minute and I had no time. I only drove through it at about 3pm on Sunday after everyone was leaving. (I did see some cools sleds though.... Like a near MINT looking 84' El Tigre' 6000). Can someone give an update on how this years Waconia Vintage show went?[/b]
I attended the show on Saturday with a couple of buddy's. BRRR...it was damn cold there. Wind made it feel like was -20 F.

We went thru the swap meet....warmed up in the ballroom and finished at the radar run. My friend attended last year's show and his comment was this year's show was much better...the quality of the sleds at this years show was very good. Arctic Cat was this year's featured vendor

My friend bought a couple of carbs for his '71 EXT....$10 U.S. each at the swap meet. Lot's of vintage part's and sleds for sale.

The ballroom has some rare vintage Arctic Cat sleds in a area that was roped off. Saw a 1980 Sno Pro (Eagle River) racer, 1970 760 Puma with Montana Pipes, another Sno Pro racer with wing the back of it (not sure what year it was) and a few others.

The radar run was fun to watch....saw a 800 King Kat make a pass on the ice. That sled was blast to hear. It had the 3 cylinder motor. Would have been nice to hear the speeds but the organizer's did not have a loud speaker system.

I took some pic's....will try to post them later.

JMY

·
Registered
242 Posts
[attachment=61988:DSC00615.JPG][attachment=61986:DSC00613.JPG]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JMY @ Jan 22 2007, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I took some pic's....will try to post them later.

JMY[/b]
Here you go! :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts