Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
plate with pre existing hole- pic #1
plate with hydrant 'sticker' removed
2 completed plates. Used a 4 inch electric grinder/cut off wheel. total build time+ 5 minutes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
regulator is in front of tail light. remove two 10 mm nuts from above catch the two torx's screws. Slide plate where reg was, place reg back into place re-install the screws/nuts.. the small bent side faces the muffler.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
yeah, I'll get some coming in the next couple of days.

Reactions: waterwheelieaddict

·
Registered
101 Posts
plate with pre existing hole- pic #1
plate with hydrant 'sticker' removed
2 completed plates. Used a 4 inch electric grinder/cut off wheel. total build time+ 5 minutes.
Thanks Tiggershark for the photosRockerdude I going to make one
and put it on as a preventative measure. I don't want to see that
damn VOLT flashing again.

CW

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yeah, it seems to be working. We haven't seen the nasty "Volt" since.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Heres a picture, kinda hard to see though

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Update:
The other quad is flashing volt now.
The voltage regulator have been swappped so i have it figured out for sure. It needs a new regulator.
Riding yesterday was great, did some road riding and I had to turn the headlights on ( state rule) and volt showed up again. turned lights off and restarted the quad and nor more volt showing.
Warm day yesterday, 75 degrees, so those aluminum plates are doing there job for sure.
new regulator on the way.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
New regulator installed, so far, so good!

Reactions: doorfx

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I "pinned" this.
Update: everything working as it should. So I'm gonna say it was the voltage regulator all along.
County Cat, about $90

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read the posts and registered. I have a new rectifier from Country Cat ready to install in my 650H1. Glad I checked here. I will let you all know the outcome of my replacement.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Update, its still working fine. the regulator was the problem all along. Plowed with this quad all winter, winch up and down, headlights on, hand warmers on, it never flashed volt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just an update- after following this post I changed the voltage regulator in October. I plowed snow used headlites, winch, and handwarmers and no "volt" message flashed again. Hope this helps others if they have the same problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2011 550 trv

I have a 2011 TRV 550 efi and last May i put in a lithium battery. it reads 13.5 volts at rest. Since i put it in i have had 3 fuses blow for my fan that I thought was from crossing large water holes, but now I am thinking maybe its the battery has to much voltage. Also since then I had the EFI lights flashing and stalling issues. I put in fuel stabilizer and seemed to stop the idly problem but I just got it out of winter storage now and drove a hundred feet and the EFI started flashing again. I put a resetting 15 amp fuse in fan so i dont have to change it all the time. Anyone think its the battery or the fan coming on in the water poping the fuse?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Battery

41 - 60 of 65 Posts