Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had new drive bearings put in my 95 Wildcat.
Took it around the yard for a spin last night (since we finally had SOME snow), and noticed / felt a vibration thru the footboards. It was only at slower speeds. When I'd punch the gas, it got up and went just fine.

I noticed with the rear end lifted, the track is already hanging about an inch off the Hyfax. With 20lbs of force, per the manual, it'll prolly be 1.5" off the Hyfax.

Could the loose(er) track cause what I was feeling? I planned to tighten the track up some, closer to the manual spec anyway, and I planned to check the alignment. The dealer did the bearing replacement for me so I assumed that it would be all good.

Anything else I should check? Chain tension screw seems good also, but I will also check that.

Any other thoughts? There's supposed to be actual winter weather and snow coming next week, I want to be ready!!

Thanks all :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If the dealer did the work, my first call would be to him before I touched it! If you play with it, he may blame the problem on you. You should definatley not have a vibration you can feel thru the Running boards. I don't know why it would go away tho.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked, dealer noticed it too. The remembered it. They feel that for some reason it's just the studs. With the small amount of snow, I think I agree.
As long as they're not worried, I'm not worried

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!
Haven't seen any good lake effect in over 40 days.
so sad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts