Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out for a quick ride tonight and the temp outside is about 0 C. This is the first time that I ride it at this temp, it started fine and ran fine while on the throttle but once I stopped and let it idle for a minute it slowly died down and quit. Once Irestarted it it was idling at about 2000 rpm, I had to turn off the kill switch for a second and back on just before the engine completely stopped, then it idled ok.

Has anyone else experianced this?

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Nov 6 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You could have an air leak, or you could just be running lean. Remember, colder air temps bring more oxygen into the mix, which leans you out.[/b]

It didnt do it every time. I also only rode for 10 minutes so I'm wondering if the carb or choke was sticking from the cold? I am going to take it for a longer ride tomorow to see if it gets any better.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I figured it out, when it die the other day I turned up the idle. So when I turned it back down it stopped doing that. This also helped fix the shifting problem that I posted about before because the idle was set to high from the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts