Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to put a new apv cable on my sled. My valves keep on cycleing over and over at idle. The sleds idles fine, drives fine, opens the valves fine when driveing. If I raise the rpms just about idle they will stop cycling.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Your ZR is EFI right?
Your APV and EFI are run off the lighting circuit of the Stator.
Is your Idle in spec? If it is too low your voltage will be too low for proper operation
Have you added any accessories to the Lighting circuit? 4 Amps will cause major problems
Just for fun pull the plug off your low beam and see if the cycling stops.
If it does your stator may be on its way out or the idle is too low.
Hang a volt meter on your lighting circuit, what do you read?

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No my sled is a carbed sled... It idles at 1500 rpms. I have not added any electrical items.. Its got me stumped. Thanks for the ideas ill look into those. Could the cables not being adjusted right cuase this??

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GregB @ Jan 17 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No my sled is a carbed sled... It idles at 1500 rpms. I have not added any electrical items.. Its got me stumped. Thanks for the ideas ill look into those. Could the cables not being adjusted right cuase this??[/b]
Normally it will cycle 3 times then quit (if a problem is detected) until you shut off / restart...............did you adjust them both to spec?

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both cables are set to 33mm... When it starts it dose its intial cycle and then it constaly cycles every minute or so. It only dose this at idle. It is fine when riding. I unhooked the head light and it did not make a difference..

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
Unhooked the headlight?????????????

what does that have to do with the APV?

Are you using the electrical from the 02 Carb 600?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Jan 17 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

what does that have to do with the APV?[/b]
That was from my suggestion before we knew it was a carb sled. IF it was EFI a low voltage on the light circuit can cause strange issues. Pulling the bulb reduces the load on the stator

By the sound of things I think your CDI is not working correctly. Looks like the CDI is reseting, as if the sled has been shut off and restarted. IF the APV motor only cycles once a minute then it has passed the initial test.
If it does not pass then it will cycle 2 more times right after the first. IF you load the motor by restricting its motion you should see it cycle 3 times

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FreezerBurnt @ Jan 17 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

what does that have to do with the APV?

Are you using the electrical from the 02 Carb 600?[/b]

yeah I put the whole 02 harness in the sled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts