Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the dealer asking about an oil change and was told the valves should be adjusted on my 2011 550 TRV. The machine only has approx. 250 km on it. I'm just wondering if this is necessary as it starts and runs properly. Also he suggested I change the diff. oil. It's probably not a bad idea, but why spend money if it's not required? The machine is stored inside and has never been abused. I don't really want to fix what isn't broken.

·
Administrator
40,645 Posts
It has nothing to do with abuse. As the engine breaks in parts wear a slight amount which may or may not cause the valves to become slightly out of adjustment. It's a simple procedure if your mechanically inclined. It's a 7-10,000 investment so if ii costs $150 myself I would do it. Here is a free service / repair manual that gives you the periodic maintenance schedule. It is also in your owners manual. 250 seems a bit early but I'm not sure what cat calls for on the 550

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.