Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the normal temp of an 04 V2? What is too hot? who sells an oil cooler for a V2? My 800 was running about 210 and it was 75 out yesterday

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
someone make a oil cooler kit that goes inbetween your oilfilter and has the hoses that run up to the front of machine where the small oil cooler mounts, saw it on nyroc'c website. mike walker mabey? i'll search around.
i would pm sanny i remember he posted when he had his v2 temps when the fan kicked on and back off.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Mine kicked on at 190-195 or so and turned off at about 145 or so. You're running too hot man. Get that ambient temp up and you'll easily be at 225.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I removed the winch and power washed the radiator. alot of mud came out again. I'll try it this weekend at the pine center trail. bang your head

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Apr 23 2007, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://www.nyrocatv.com/forum.cgi?viewcat=...;viewtopic=7364

for more info on the v2's go into forum (might have to reg), click on prairie and scroll all the way to the bottom and enter oil cooler into search box, decient amount of threads on and a few have the 765 kit installed and running it. don't see them on highlifter yet but probably can pm him and ask where to order or more questions.[/b]

I saw that cooler on Nyroc's site as well last year when they made it. He has the contact info in that thread if I remember(didn't recheck it). They mentioned it made a signficant difference in cooling. You can also try running the "engine ice" coolant instead of regular antifreeze to help reduce temps. However as mentioned later due your engine mods that may just be your new operating temps.

As an odd side note, I added the 07 side covers to my 06 V2 and since then my fan doesn't run nearly as much as it did without them on and the ambient temps have been warmer. Not sure if the side covers keep it cooler from protecting the motor from being covered in more mud or if there is now some venturi type effect through the motor area with the side covers and the inner fender covers on.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I removed the winch and cleaned the radiator and now it's running about 175 on a 75 day

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may leave it off for now. maybe I'll put it back on after I put on the oil cooler. I got all the part #s needed to make the oil cooler. Mike Walker sold the rights to Highlifter and they want alot for it so I will make my own using the same parts that Walker used.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my wife called them and they have them but it not on their website yet. they wan't over 200 for it and all the parts cost 50.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts