Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

There have been many people that have asked for these instructions, so here you go. I did not write this great article. It came from KOD's website, but due to the dynamic nature of the website, it seemed unavailable most of the times when a guy needed it. So, I took the liberty of making a copy of this while it was up. KOD is the chap that put this together, so thank him. He did a great job!

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
great ! i had my cover off lastnight ( took a while to get those bolts off .. really tight in some spots !) and was thinking of doing it but chickened out...

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a newbie, this process may take 2 hours or so. however, once you do it, it'll take you 45 minutes or so.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Thanks sanny :beer_cheers:

WC

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see what the other mods think. I'd think that too, but I also made the post so I don't want it to look like I'm thinking my stuff is "it", ya know? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cityhunter, Just take your time and you should be fine. The article is pretty much step by step. I also had alot of newbie questions this spring and the guys were great. You can check out my post that helped me get up the courage to do it "adjusting v2 belt" http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...c=59460&hl=.

These guys were right on. I'll try to help where I can, but my knowledge is still growing and my work blocked this site, so I only get time every now and then to check back.

Jake

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
todd, imo there should be a pinned section that is seperate like the general diss and tech and tires so more of the tech section tips/questions would be on one page. seems like first page there is only a few threads because of all the pinned items and i have noticed that some threads just get shuffled back a page or two quickly sometimes. just a thought

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jul 19 2007, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
todd, imo there should be a pinned section that is seperate like the general diss and tech and tires so more of the tech section tips/questions would be on one page. seems like first page there is only a few threads because of all the pinned items and i have noticed that some threads just get shuffled back a page or two quickly sometimes. just a thought[/b]

I agree. It would be nice with a page of their own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanx guys for the info,i agree the frequently asked question shoud be a seperate page, great pic and step by step,i pull wrench for livin so the puller and tools a breeze, just never done this before, thanx again. stujoe :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sanny, That is a great write up and pictures are great. Does anyone know if there is a write up like that for putting on new cam and oil pump chains? Then I would be all set.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know of one. I should have done one, but probably wouldn't have been the right thing to do as I was learning as I went.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts