Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone messed with the cam timing on this site?? i saw it mentioned in the Highlifter site back in 04, but nothing recent.... retarding the cams would be a nice alternative vs new $600 cams...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i meant $600 for the pair... but ya, the higlifter sight mentioned that they retarted teh cams 10degrees... this 650 V2 motor is so detuned from factory that they did everything they could to slow it down... the only thing i wonder about, it that the posts where back in 04 when the bike forst came out.. they were adding timing keys cause the modules werent out yet... so im wondering if this messing with the cams is old news... on that note, i can see that it could work, ex: on the 450yamaha quads, they turn the exhaust valve 1 tooth back for this same reason, more top end... im just curious

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i think the copperhead would be a quicker safer answer, can add/retard the timing through the whole timing curve as where a timing key only advances 4 or so degrees all through the timing curve. got my copperhead set up to pull a bit quicker and at half to wot set at 37 degrees i believe where stock is around 28, cant recall for sure. the dynatek advances to 33 degrees but like i say for a bit more you can setup two maps and have the ability to change with your pc if you were to put cams in in the future.
i am 99% sure that price i found is for both cams, not each. says comes as set for 380ish

·
Registered
5 Posts
but thats ign. timing not cam timing.....two different things

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you were 100% correct kevin, the price is for 2 cams,, front and rear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts