Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Jim i am new to this forum..
anyway i have a clutched 2000 thundercat with a power breather, 2 degree offset key way and an updated ignition box, otherwise it's stock.

but i am interested in putting v force reeds in

so my question is, does the benefits out weigh the price?

(PS. i also own a 2001 ZRT 600, would it benefit the 600 at all?)

Thank you.

Jim.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If I could do it again I would have bought my pipes first (D&D) thats power you can feel!!! Also the V-force 2 that I have are better than the newer ones. So if I were you find some used Jaws pipes or D&D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
what kind of upgraded ignition do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
umm i sent my ignition box into arctic cat and they sent me a new updated 2001 ignition box, free of charge.

why how much of a difference does pipes make?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had reeds on evry triple I have owned. They have all been v-force. They claim there is a 2 to 3 hp increase. What you will really notice is crispness in the throttle. It is very impressive. But they break too. If you ever backfire, you will lose a petal. I have heard good about Boyesan as well. AS for pipes, they raise the rpms that the engine makes power, and they shave off a few pounds. If you are using a stock can they are usually quiet. They do add top end!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Pipes can add up to 10% more power. So on a T-cat that can be upwards of 15 hp. Every sled is different and yes it will raise the power curve so it will need to be clutched accordingly

·
Registered
44 Posts
GOD bless the pro-racer who beefed my T-Cat up Cat happy ..........piped , ported , pistons ,V-Force Delta reeds & some BLACK MAGIC approx. 40 hp has been added to stock 172 hp & to mikesnowman's response ....... throttle "crispness" is totally non-lacking increasin powerband response throughtout the lever travel :D :ridepride:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sharp looking T-Cat..

what year is that a 99?

how good are the delta reeds and the black magic?

·
Registered
60 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ACTHUNDER1000 @ Jan 18 2008, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GOD bless the pro-racer who beefed my T-Cat up Cat happy ..........piped , ported , pistons ,V-Force Delta reeds & some BLACK MAGIC approx. 40 hp has been added to stock 172 hp & to mikesnowman's response ....... throttle "crispness" is totally non-lacking increasin powerband response throughtout the lever travel :D :ridepride:[/b]
I am assuming you are kidding when you say you added 40 hp to a stock bore Thundercat and you still trail ride it????

·
Registered
44 Posts
:chug: Thanks jimmyb.........had the '99 for 4 yrs now & will NEVER get rid of :bosscat & to amphibxp : Trails up here in ND are groomed ditches & plenty of flatland ridin' available on fields , "farm-roads" , etc. NO WAY to put a 200+ hp machine on a twisty winding trail unless ya wanna idle it @ 40 mph :rofl: :TA

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
:lovewinter: jimmyb ........in my opinion V-ForceDelta reeds & Black Magic are a great combination along with high compressions pistons / rings ... clutching done .....porting .... etc . as I mentioned a "PRO _RACER " set this sled up >>> I was just the LUCKY person who came upon it as " for sale " :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts