Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 sno pro 440 l/c with the stock reeds in it right now. I was wondering if I could get some input as to if it would be benificial to buy some v force reeds or boyesen or just leave it stock. Let me know what you think. Thanks all

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RjF7cat @ Nov 18 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 2003 sno pro 440 l/c with the stock reeds in it right now. I was wondering if I could get some input as to if it would be benificial to buy some v force reeds or boyesen or just leave it stock. Let me know what you think. Thanks all[/b]

i have vforcre 3 reeds in my last two sleds. in my firecat i noticed easy starting and the sled ran better in the mid and low range and just as strong on the top end. just my experience thought.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I run vforce 3's in my zr. They work very well. I have never had Boyesen's, but have heard alot of people say they get brittle and crumble. I would imagine that could happen to any of them, and don't know first hand, that is just what I have heard.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks. Love the input. I figure if I am going to spend any money I would like to do it right.

·
Registered
575 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RjF7cat @ Nov 18 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sweet thanks. Love the input. I figure if I am going to spend any money I would like to do it right.[/b]

no problem man, thats what we are all here for.
ps vforce haters will tell you that they have had problem with warm starts, dont listen to them. my sled starts right up after its warm. vforce is deffinatly money well spent! you wont be dissapointed!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
I run them to ,last season put in the reed spacers and picked up .5 mpg no problems w/warm starts three pulls tocold start though

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
See thats what im saying. Well do the reed petals make the difference or the cage assembly as a whole. I would get the whole assembly if I where to get them but I might as well ask out of curiosity.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Ilike the reeds w/cages didnt notice any power torque differences just the .5 mpg increase

1 - 11 of 11 Posts