Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems sucking a ton of water in there v-3 and killing it. Ive had the thing completly submerged and got right out. My last ride I came up to a foot and a half deep puddle got almost through and died. Couldn't get it to start to save my life. I ended almost completly filling the motor with water. The delaer said it should have started once i drained the water and put in new oil. It had spark but wouldnt start still. Just curious if anyone else has run into that. Im just afraid when I go to start it now that it still wont and maybe something else is still wrong.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
eekkk WOW!! You have a V3!! That thing must really fly!! :super_happy: Just kidding!! :lol: I've never had a problem with getting any water into the motor on my V2, but then again I don't spend that much time riding it likes it's a submarine either. I would suggest that if you plan to ride much in the future where you have the quad submerged up to near the seat and/or racks that you might want to consider snorkeling your machine!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
How did you get water in the motor in a foot of water I dunno . I have gone through water under the floor boards and had the motor quit, but I think ti was the angle I was at ( roll-over sensor).

If you ride on the water I would put di-electric grease in all your electrical connectors, you could just have water shorting something.

Let us know what happens, Good Luck :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have no idea how it sucked up so much water like I said ive had the thing almost completly submerged and never had a problem. It sat so long after I sucked up the water the the top end locked up so the dealer rebuilt it. He said it should have ran with the water in it so I have no idea if something electrical got wet or what. It had spark so im not sure. Almost a year later and six months sitting at the dealer waiting for him to get my motor rebuilt I got it put in today and it runs fine so it's a mystery to me.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
die-electric grease every plug, connection, plug boots. check all your stock snorkle connections (clamps) when you get your machine back.

·
Registered
782 Posts
did you drain your carbs two little hex screws on the bottom of the bowl

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sounds like an expensive fix. Did you trade in the V2?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Ive submerged my V2, and rode out the other side with no snorkles. Never any water problems on mine

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rabbit214 @ Apr 2 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I came up with a solution to my problem!!! I went out today and bought a 2007 700[/b]

That's one way to skin a Cat chairshot surrend

Congrats on the new ride :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i traded my v-2 in for it I couldn't complain Cat came out with a bunch of rebates on the 700 plus some dealer discounts so the price dropped over a grand. My buddy was a little ticked off he bought a new 500 on Friday and I paid 400.00 more for my 700

1 - 11 of 11 Posts