Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bang your head I have a 98 zr600 efi and the plugs are black and dirty after only about 400 miles and when my wifes 2000 zl580 and mine are ran together and we use about the same gas, my 600 needs about twice as much oil. I know my throttle is pinned alot more but???????? my sled also smokes more. How do i turn down the oil pump. I know we had to do it to a 04 and a 05 F7 snopro b/c it was way to rich but i wasn't there and my buddy doesn't remember how he did it and we are not sure if it even can to done to a 98 zr......I am going to measure gas consumption vs oil to figure the mixture before i do anything.........HELP..........I don't seem to foul plugs but it does bog after mid throttle running for a long time. pump throttle then hang on :super_happy: b/c it is back, and i have the tps unhooked.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Follow the throttle cable, it should split and one side will head to the oil pump. Cable will be supported by a small bracket. There you can loosen the jam nuts to adjust the cable length. It's tight in there, but can be done. Another way to do it is bend the bracket a little. I have done that for minor adjustments, but probably not the best way to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts