Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,315 Posts
What do you want to upgrade? Do you have diff lock?

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,315 Posts
Aray, Is there a specific reason you want to change or upgrade your front diff? is your current one damaged? are you looking for a result of some sort?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aray, Is there a specific reason you want to change or upgrade your front diff? is your current one damaged? are you looking for a result of some sort?
what i currently have the 4x4 wont engage changed the actuator and still nothing so i started to pull it apart i cant get the cups out while im tring to get creative on getting the cups out i figured i would find a plan b just in case

·
Registered
2004 Arctic Cat 400
1,315 Posts
oh, the cups can sometimes be tricky, one of my favorite methods of getting cups out seems a bit weird, leave the diff in the frame, get some webbing/rope/synthetic winch line, secure it to the cup so it won't come off (i normally use stainless steel tie wire) wrap the tail around a big hammer handle and underhanded swing it away from the diff in a straight line gently at first then get a bit more firm with each swing till the cup comes out, rope breaks, or something else happens. essentially instead of a "Slide-Hammer" you're making a "rope Hammer" I've used it for pulling quite a few axle stubs out of hondas, cats, can-ams, whatever. I've got a pretty good system. once you get one out you can usually use a punch and knock on the other one through the ring gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, the cups can sometimes be tricky, one of my favorite methods of getting cups out seems a bit weird, leave the diff in the frame, get some webbing/rope/synthetic winch line, secure it to the cup so it won't come off (i normally use stainless steel tie wire) wrap the tail around a big hammer handle and underhanded swing it away from the diff in a straight line gently at first then get a bit more firm with each swing till the cup comes out, rope breaks, or something else happens. essentially instead of a "Slide-Hammer" you're making a "rope Hammer" I've used it for pulling quite a few axle stubs out of hondas, cats, can-ams, whatever. I've got a pretty good system. once you get one out you can usually use a punch and knock on the other one through the ring gear.
i tried that and god no where just a lot of time and energy gone im soaking it it trans fluid and acetone right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts