Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just joined this forum. Bought a 1999 ZR 600 with only 1000 miles on her. First Arctic Cat and 1st sled in over 15 years, ya I am ashamed of myself.
Anyway, it looks good except the hood got damaged in storage. I know you can update these hoods, but I was wondering how new of a hood can I put on it and what other mods need to be done in order for the newer hoods to fit. It is completely stock right now. Pictures of updated sleds would be appreciated as well.
With my lack of sledding experience I am going to pester the hell outta you guys. :D I pay in beer.

Thanks for any and all help!!

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
welcome call to Arctic Chat ******!!

Basically you can update your hood to the ZR3 style (your hood is ZR2). The ZR3 chasis was used from 2000-2006 on all the ZR's. There have been a couple members do this on here and I remembered their post so did a quick search and found them for you.

ONE

TWO

·
Registered
492 Posts
I did it with my 99 zr 700.....used 2002 gear. you need side panels, belly pan, hood windsheild, front bumper and hinges...i think thats it...and 8 wide head rivets....all the rest of your hardware fits.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts