Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A picture of a 2009 TZ1 Turbo LXR LE upgraded front.
- Cat Sport bumper.
- Simmons Gen2 Flex-skis
- Fox Zero Pro with 2010 valving
- 2009 Z1 Turbo LXR LE ski springs

[attachment=138878:Front_rez.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some photos to show this summer project, to get the 2009 up to 2010 specs for driven clutch offset and alignment.

Driven clutch, two surfaces machined 0.192"
[attachment=138883:Driv_rez.jpg]

Horizontal alignment shows 0.194" off. Had to shim RH engine mounts (Complete engine Removal)
[attachment=138885:Hpr_Up.jpg]
[attachment=138884:Hor_Low.jpg]

Parallelism checked, and offset adjusted to 1.507"
[attachment=138886:Offset.jpg]

Due to my preferred riding; towing and deep snow conditions, I will test a RK-TEK Torsional Conversion
[attachment=138888:RK_Tek.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Jamm,

Nice work, great posts! Looks like you got your '09 set up pretty good, despite AC's reluctance. Hope you have a great riding season this year.

Best,

Cuyuna

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cuyuna @ Nov 12 2009, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Jamm,

.................... despite AC's reluctance. Hope you have a great riding season this year.

Best,

Cuyuna[/b]
I do the modifications myself, due to AC's reluctance. A launch model will always have some issues, but AC dropped the ball with the 2009 issues.
This is my third and last Cat, AC Customer Service is not up to my expectations for an US$ 15.000 item.

The TZ1 Turbo LXR is unique in the 2-Up touring segment. There is nothing comparable to it, that's why I do the upgrades and modifications. The sled is awesome. :D

The Yamaha Venture RS with a Turbo was not a hit, perhaps a Ski Doo 1200 GT SE with a Turbo and a new drive clutch will be a serious contender when its time to replace the TZ1 Turbo.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Jamm

Do you have part numbers for the shocks?
Were thay a bolt on item ie no mods?
Do they come with the spring adjusters?

Did you replace the rear shocks as well? If so what part numbers.

Thanks

Graham

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zrt900 @ Nov 24 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jamm

Do you have part numbers for the shocks?
Were thay a bolt on item ie no mods?
Do they come with the spring adjusters?

Did you replace the rear shocks as well? If so what part numbers.

Thanks

Graham[/b]
Installed front shocks are Fox Zero Pro p/n 2703-554, this is M6/M8/M1000 shocks with 17.55" stroke, complete with spring adjusters. Compression valving is altered to 2010 TZ1 Turbo LXR LE specs, and an internal spacer is installed to decrease stroke to stock 2009 TZ1 Turbo LXR LE 17.50" stroke. Rebound valving is the same. I also installed front springs p/n 2703-462, this is 2009 Z1 Turbo LXR LE springs with the correct copper color. Spring rating is same for springs p/n 2703-462 and 2010 TZ1 Turbo LXR LE springs, thats why I didn't alter rebound valving.
When I ordered the springs I also ordered new retainers, p/n 3604-200 to ensure correct spring installation.

You could get the 2010 TZ1 Turbo LXR LE Fox Zero Pro shocks p/n 2703-594, and save valving and spacers, but the 2010 shocks are 16.7" stroke. A shorter shock equals lower ride hight and a less top heavy sled, but a stiffer suspension due to less shock travel.

My center shock is also a Fox Zero Pro, p/n 1704-739 complete with spring adjuster. This is a 2009 Z1 Turbo SP shock, length is 12.5" extended. My shocks is shortened to 12"extended length (original RydeFX is 11.78") by cutting body and rod 0.25" each. Valving is not altered. Testing will show if re-valving is necessary. This shock is probably to hard for a 2-Up cruiser.
A better alternative is to install shock p/n 1704-848, this is a 2010 Z1 Turbo EXT shock.

Rear shock is the stock RydeFX 2" truck oil shock.

·
Registered
282 Posts
JAMM

Thanks ever so much.
I have not had a chance to ride my 09 touring turbo le yet but wasn't that impressed with the shock setup.
I was running a 1999 900 ZRT with some mods for the past few years. Shocks were valved to sno pro specs for that year.

This is a big help for me.
I will try the stock shocks for this year but likely will replace next summer.
The part #'s are a big help.

All I have done so far was put 170 studs in add the vent screens and a w/s bag.

Graham

1 - 9 of 9 Posts