Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:devil_angry: Heard back from Cat about hood blemish. They are not going to stand behind the craftamanship. There policy from now on is if factory sticker covers up their crapy work, that is good enough. It will be up to owner to repair if they want different graphics. This is total BS. Hoods should not even be painted until they are right, not paint and see how it turns out and hope stickers cover up crap. So I will be out another $175 and Cat is with out a future custumer as this was the first and now last cat I ever own.

·
Registered
514 Posts
AHHHH, thats sucks to hear!! COME ON CAT!!!! Get with the program and take care of your loyal and unloyal customers for the sake of STAYING IN BUISINESS, Yami is creeping thier way up to the top if they havent already, just making a advanced sled isnt gona keep you afloat, you need CUSTOMER SERVICE and better QUALITY CONTROL!!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I don't want to piss on anyone's Wheaties here....but.....That part of the hood is basically considered to be an unfinished surface as it's covered by decals. Kind of like the inside of a vehicle door. It's painted, but is covered up by trim / door handle etc. Therefore it's never good / shiny paint. Unless you remove that trim you'll never see it.

Another example. When building a house nobody paints the walls behind their cabinets. Unless you remove those cabinets you'll never see it.

Same with the decals. It sucks...but it's like remodeling a house. If you remove those cabinets you have to paint the wall..... :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats fine. If they want to call under a sticker unfinished product go ahead. Most of the time no one would know. BUT, If they expect to keep a happy or loyal customer, you think they would try and make it right with the me. I was not asking for a new hood, there is nothing structurally wrong with the hood. Its going to cost $175 to paint and clear coat hood. Give me some parts credit, send me some goodies, do SOMETHING. All they have done is discourage me from wanting to buy their product again.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I think your dealer should really step up the plate. They should be the ones dealing with the Cat crap and put every effort into keeping you happy.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i am behind cat on modifing engines and them dropping warrenties and things like that, but this, man they should do something about it, i am still kinda behind arctic-cat, but i am going to buy a crossfire next year and if that happend to me i would be pissed, i got graphics already picked out for it

·
Registered
896 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZRrrr @ Jan 5 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think your dealer should really step up the plate. They should be the ones dealing with the Cat crap and put every effort into keeping you happy.[/b]
I agree, this is a dealer issue.
I find AC to be very willing to stand behind their products.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Zrr's right, your dealer should step up, if not try another dealer. Bunch of B.S. though. Cat's not the only company not willing to stand behind stuff like that. I have heard stories about all the manufacturers pulling chit like that. Keep on them, don't take No for answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your right it is a dealer issue. I've been buying Polaris from the same dealer for the last 10 years and he would bend over backwards for his customer. This dealer seems to have a ho-hum attitude, that it is my fault for taking decals off sled. Going to another cat dealer is'nt going help if cat has made there decision but I think I am going to try anyway. Can't hurt. $175 is going to break me. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 5 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't want to piss on anyone's Wheaties here....but.....That part of the hood is basically considered to be an unfinished surface as it's covered by decals. Kind of like the inside of a vehicle door. It's painted, but is covered up by trim / door handle etc. Therefore it's never good / shiny paint. Unless you remove that trim you'll never see it.

Another example. When building a house nobody paints the walls behind their cabinets. Unless you remove those cabinets you'll never see it.

Same with the decals. It sucks...but it's like remodeling a house. If you remove those cabinets you have to paint the wall..... :([/b]
I agree with you a bit, but my thought on it is for instance if I put a remote start in a 2006 Chevy pick up and there is wire all over the place and its a total rats nest but its covered up and no one will ever see it, that may pass on some people but when the guy goes to put his trailer brake control in and see's that BS he aint coming back to me, it may work great for 100 years but its the principale of it all. People are shelling out some coin for machines that can only be used a few months out of the year. Not to start a pissing match its only IMO :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Put your registration sticker there and be done with it. My .02[/b]
lol. My reigistration sticker would have to me a LEAST 5"X5"http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png
But thanks for the imput.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farmrmac @ Jan 5 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol. My reigistration sticker would have to me a LEAST 5"X5"http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/style_images/1/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png
[/b][/quote]
lol....ya, didn't realize it was that big. Did you figure out what your gonna do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 5 2007, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (farmrmac @ Jan 5 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xfireman @ Jan 5 2007, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
lol....ya, didn't realize it was that big. Did you figure out what your gonna do?
[/b][/quote]
I'll probably end up painting the hood and finishing the job that Artic Cat should have done. I hate things that were done half -a$$ed like the paint job on this hood.

·
Registered
525 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 5 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Same with the decals. It sucks...but it's like remodeling a house. If you remove those cabinets you have to paint the wall..... :([/b]

I agree with you on this one. As it came from factory you would've never of known. And to think that any OE would do anything different is probably a little far fetched. This one should be up to the dealer to resolve and not the OE. When was the last time you called GM, Ford, or Toyota because the paint job underneath the sound insulation under you hood was not to your liking? Not trying to be a dick but I think a little persepective is in order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (24K @ Jan 5 2007, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 5 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you on this one. As it came from factory you would've never of known. And to think that any OE would do anything different is probably a little far fetched. This one should be up to the dealer to resolve and not the OE. When was the last time you called GM, Ford, or Toyota because the paint job underneath the sound insulation under you hood was not to your liking? Not trying to be a dick but I think a little persepective is in order.
[/b][/quote]

Just a couple of points. This blemish was on top of the hood, not under it the insulation on the inside and if it. Would it be all right to not paint tunnel under the fuel tank because you should never take the fuel tank off? Also just because any other manufactor would do the same thing suposedly, it does not make it right. Like I said before was'nt looking for a new hood Just make the old hood right. I just hate the way these companies treat customers.

PS. What if they did'nt finish the inside of the cabinets or put padding underneath that carpet. Should you have to finish it yourself or put padding down youself? Not try to cause an arguement and I know you fellas were not as well. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
....and I agree it sucks. I think they should fix it because you found it. They took a risk and have been exposed!

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
I think you have every right to complain about this. You found their screw-up, yet you end up having to pay money out of your pocket? Completely unacceptable ... especially considering how much you paid for that sled!! This is the dealer's responsibility to pursue on your behalf. Hell, what would the dealer have done if that was HIS brand new sled?

If Cat won't cover it, I agree they should offer you some sort of other incentive. I know if it were me, and my dealer played dead & just gave up, I'd be having some serious words & be on the phone with Cat. The phrase "put yourself in my shoes" should apply here. Nobody would just accept this obvious f-up from the factory ... at least nobody with a backbone to stand up for themself.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
I agree, for what you have to pay these days for a new sled, this is something that should have been taken care of before it left the factory. Your dealer should go to bat for you on this issue, I know mine would.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts