Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keweenaw and Munising have had snow for awhile now. Rode trail 8 yesterday before the storm and there was enough snow cover between Marquette and Lanse. One the way home it started to snow lots. We got about a foot last night in the Marquette to Michigamee area. Trails should be in great shape after the groomers get out today. Was not groomed for about 4 miles between moose mountain and the cozy inn, but the rest was good. Trail 5 down from Big Bay was awesome in the blizzard. Going to the MUPSA meeting tonight, will get the scoop on groomer activity-trail issues tonight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to update once a week here. Still warm, but it was snowing here this morning in middle UP. Trails have some bare spots, but still ridable and expecting 6 inches over the upcoming week. Not a lot of snow, but ridable. Of course Houghton and north have more snow, but still slushy right now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saturday morning trails are great.

Where are you guys? Its Saturday morning and did not see a sled on trail 8 until 11:05 am from the groomer. Trails held up way better than expected. We got 6 inches of fresh and more on the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good trail cover, 2-4 more inches this weekend. Some sleds starting to show up at local hotels. Been a slow start this year.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trails have been great all week, high traffic last Friday/Saturday. We got a 5 day warmup starting Friday night with possible rain Monday, then back to under 30 degrees Tuesday night. Looks like more snow after that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was out riding today, lots of standing water on the trails and lots of bare dirt. Raining right now, not looking good. Even when we get snow, that water under the snow is going to take awhile to freeze. Right now its supposed to snow Friday-Saturday 6-12 inches, then stay below 30 for the week. Saturday march 4th back to 38 during the day. Will try to keep posting as it develops........

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been riding the last 4 days, we got enough to ride now, but not too far south or north of my area we run out of cover. Water starting to freeze back up, but some openings in the trail where the water runs across, so be careful for washouts. Looks like rain/snow Tuesday the 28th, then cold till Saturday. This fresh snow melts fast so one day it will be here, the next its gone.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
gonna drag 2 up hope to ride out of soo hear there are 65 mi of trail loops there havent rode there for 10 years leaving thurs morn so if it turns bad please tell me

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Wednesday and Thursday we got more snow. Groomers are out, should be good through the weekend, maybe a little warm Saturday 38, but we got snow on the trails, ride on.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
and i did it was great they said canada has 4 ft still lots of folks going over this morning when i went by bridge lookout point

1 - 13 of 13 Posts