Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a re-print from Snowest and happen to our group last Saturday. The unhappy homeowner could have left a note, but no, he had to do worse.
I'll let the article explain. Let me know if this is inappropriate and I'll pull it.
Karl in Spokane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: CYSNOMOB1
"Day from Hell, comes out good in the end"

My wife and I went riding for the first time with Karl, Orin, Seth and Bill at Baldy Mtn on Saturday. We went through Sandpoint took Baldy Rd to the end where we parked. My wife and I never sledded there before, and were going with Karl because Seth and Bill had to de-ice one of the some items at the top of Mt Baldy on a big tower. My goggles kept fogging up and with the moist snow we had, it was sticking on the front face of the goggle. Didn't clean them good enough I guess?
We dropped about 0945, and 3/4's the way to the top, my 02 Pooh started to over heat and depleted most of the coolant out the overflow. There were several nice sledders that swapped my flavored water for regular water to replenish the coolant. My wife and stayed and played where we were at while the rest of the crew continued up towards the tower. The boys had to challenge huge drifts and strong winds up there, and it got so nasty to where they started snow shoeing(1 mile) the rest of the way to the tower.
To make this long story short.
We get back to the drop point and our new Suburban is gone, there sat my trailer by itself. (Earlier when we dropped) we thought we parked at the end of a county road (Baldy Rd), and there was no room for me to park where evryone else was, not to mention you needed chains to get to that part which I didn't have. So, I parked at the end of a wide driveway and made sure my truck and trailer were clearly out of the way. The guy at the house said tell your friends to move their vehicles because the tow truck is on its way for them too. Come to find out that road (Baldy Rd) we were all on was privately owned and maintained as of 1 year ago, that it was county.
When I saw my truck was gone I went to the home owners house to ask him, where it got towed to, ect. I called the tow Co. and they said the tires were flat in the front, which we (and the tow truck guy even) thought the homeowner did it. We hooked the trailer to Karl's truck and met the tow guy(Tony) in town. Everone helped pitched together and helped my wife and I get the tire problem fixed. Luckly, Bill was a mechanic in his prior life(career), and he was nice enough to cover the towing charge, which was $145.00. If it had not been for them, my wife and I would have had a real nasty situation. The tire places in town were closed, it was past 1700(5PM).
It's times like these that seem really ugly (which they were), and you meet really good people in snowmobiling from the fellaswho exchanged me the water, help you get unstuck, to the ones who stick with you till problems like this one were resolved...
THANKS KARL, BILL, ORIN, AND SETH FOR YOUR HARD TEAM WORK!!

Chad and Bobbi Young

P.S. Lesson learned*** Don't park on privately owned roads in the middle of no where in Idaho, and if there is any question ask the homeowner where a good place to park would be to avoid towing***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theres a weasel for ya. If It would have been me I would have confronted you right then when you were parking and unloading your sleds, instead of being a chicken $hit and waiting until you left then called the tow truck and let the air out of your tires. I would have knocked on his door and called him out on that one. Didnt sound like you inconvienienced him one bit but he sure as hell inconvinienced you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
thats rediculous, its people like that who we dont need in the world, i hope they fall and break their teeth. Ya friends are always good to have, as long as they r true friends, the companionship in snowmobileing is amazing, anyone i have ever met on the trail would have given me ther right arm. i take it that the homeowner sliced the tires, not just let the air out, thats rediculous. you should just get a huge immovable rock, find a way to move it, and put it infront of their driveway. lol. just g lad everything turned out good

jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts