Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a chunk of black UHMW to make myself a fairlead and have some left over. I am interested to know if Arctic Chat members would be interested buying one. Quantity is limited to the stock I have on hand.

These are a full inch thick and bolt right up to any winch with a 4.88” bolt pattern using 5/16” cap head bolts. They’re pretty beefy. Would $22.00 us delivered be a reasonable price?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Myself, I think it’s a great deal. You all decide

Disclaimer: I thank A-chat for being a generous billboard for my endeavor, I've never went about this for a profit or to become wealthy...ultimately want the rest of the Arctic Chat members to have the same benefit of the UHMW fair leads.

Thanks all,

MGIBB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'll take 2

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
No, I know you would want one

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've got two on my machine (front and rear) and they are very nice! I'd certainly recommend them.

·
Registered
934 Posts
What are the benefits over the roller fairlead? Other than saving a negligable amount of weight on our Cats (that are closer to the weight of cows, than cats) what is the benefit of this material over the steel Haws fairlead? Will it wear under heavy loads? (at some angles and loads, my winch cable cuts into my current roller fairlead)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you have to use the amsteel or can you use cable??

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
MacEng, I had one of his on my V2 and used it at extreme angles with my synthetic rope and it worked flawlessly. He's got a great design on this, so there's no pinching points at all. Plus, his has no rollers to kink on you and it won't rust. I very highly recommend it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts