Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like this winter I will be spending more seat time then I expected on our 500ss.

The wife got out yesterday for the first time on our 07 F6 LXR and when she came back I said how did you like it?

She said " I love it, there is something about this machine" smiling ear to ear..... Then she said "maybe we could just switch back and forth more often".. Translated this means "" I want your Cat""..

Sooo... Perhaps A trade next year on a left over F5 LXR.....

She liked the seating position better, it steers easier for her, and as she said "just something about it"....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I rode my Z1 Jaguar for the first time this weekend. I noticed that it was similar in handling to my 2000 ZR600. With the extra weight of the 4 stroke on the chassis, I was impressed. I can imagine how it will handle with a lighter 2 stroke.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was very termpted to go for the Jag this year, if I didn't get the 600 it was going to be the Jag.
Budget restrictions however prevailed and I got the 600.

How do you like the 4 stroke, is it quiet and smooth, decent fuel economy?

Hopefully this year I can run into somebody out on the trail who has one so I can get a good close up look at it.

I bet your going to love it....

·
Registered
210 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CATnDOO @ Jan 22 2007, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was very termpted to go for the Jag this year, if I didn't get the 600 it was going to be the Jag.
Budget restrictions however prevailed and I got the 600.

How do you like the 4 stroke, is it quiet and smooth, decent fuel economy?

Hopefully this year I can run into somebody out on the trail who has one so I can get a good close up look at it.

I bet your going to love it....[/b]
It's not nearly as quiet as I hoped. It has a lower pitched sound compared to a 2 stroke. I was hoping for a quiet like the t660's. It is smooth. I babied it pretty much. It doesn't have the same "spin-out" start like a 2 stroke. This part I like. It goes right away at first throttle pull. I only have just over 100 miles so far. A rough guess will be about 12 MPG's. I expect much more when it breaks in. And no 2 stroke smell on your clothes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CATnDOO @ Jan 22 2007, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like this winter I will be spending more seat time then I expected on our 500ss.

The wife got out yesterday for the first time on our 07 F6 LXR and when she came back I said how did you like it?

She said " I love it, there is something about this machine" smiling ear to ear..... Then she said "maybe we could just switch back and forth more often".. Translated this means "" I want your Cat""..

She liked the seating position better, it steers easier for her, and as she said "just something about it"....[/b]
Are you sure she'd be happy with an F5 after having a taste of the F6? If my hubby got me a 600 after having a 700 ... mikeyslap The day I test drove my 700, I came back "trying" in vain to wipe the grin off my face not wanting to look so eager in front of the saleman. The 700 came home with me a few months later. I drove a 600 a few times before that but loved the 700 too much to take a step down in power.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BratCat @ Jan 22 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CATnDOO @ Jan 22 2007, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She liked the seating position better, it steers easier for her, and as she said "just something about it"....[/b]
Are you sure she'd be happy with an F5 after having a taste of the F6? If my hubby got me a 600 after having a 700 ... mikeyslap The day I test drove my 700, I came back "trying" in vain to wipe the grin off my face not wanting to look so eager in front of the saleman. The 700 came home with me a few months later. I drove a 600 a few times before that but loved the 700 too much to take a step down in power.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I 'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind, as my wife Lisa is really a slow poke and would probably be happy on a 370 fan.
I have ridden since I was a youngster back in the late 60's, but she finally got her nerve up about 3 years ago and got into it then, so its slow and steady for her, and she never really gets into the throttle much.
I usually blast ahead on the straights and then hang back and wait for her headlight to get bigger in my mirrors... :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts