Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1998 zl 500 and i want better throttle response. has anyone used the UFO's in this type of sled?? are they worth getting?? are they too hard to jet??

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I feel that they work well in my sled, but I would suggest you do some carb tuning first. They are a greater benefit in bigger carbs and I would guess you wouldn't notice the difference if your carbs were properly set up. You have to have a proper baseline set up before installing the UFO's, just like with any mod, and the money would be better spent on a Tempa-Flow than UFO's. IMO. If you are finding sluggish performance coming off idle, then I would guess your jetting is not well tuned. If the problem you want to cure is when you slam the throttle wide open, then UFO's won't do anything for you in that condition. Give a better description of what you think is the problem and what you would like to improve and maybe we can help.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I feel that they work well in my sled, 94 ZR 580, but I would suggest you do some carb tuning first. They are a greater benefit in bigger carbs and I would guess you wouldn't notice the difference if your carbs were properly set up. You have to have a proper baseline set up before installing the UFO's, just like with any mod, and the money would be better spent on a Tempa-Flow than UFO's. IMO. If you are finding sluggish performance coming off idle, then I would guess your jetting is not well tuned. If the problem you want to cure is when you slam the throttle wide open, then UFO's won't do anything for you in that condition. Give a better description of what you think is the problem and what you would like to improve and maybe we can help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts