Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a used TZ1 windshield bag. Does anyone have info on how to install? I used to have a T660 windshield bag and it used the windshield screws/grommets to hold it in place. This one just has the 'female' side of velcro on the back of the bag, but didn't come with anything else. Do I need to attached the 'male' side of the velcro to the dash?

Here is a link to a picture of the bag:

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
You can buy stick-on velcro at a craft store or maybe in the sewing dept of Walmart. Being used the other half would have been left on sled.

·
Super Moderator
8,428 Posts
I have reused those bags a number of times doing exactly what 660catman describes. It worked very well.
I lay the bag in place to get an idea of where to put the velcro. I have been laying down strips that are larger than the bag velcro sections. The larger pieces do not pull up the edges and corners as easily. I clean the area with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue before applying the new velcro.
It does seem like the glue varies a bit with those strips. I have been using 2" wide 3M branded stuff with good luck. Also, use a heat gun if applying in cold temps. They will not stay put if they start to peel right away around the contours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts