Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyong! Well, I've been on the hunt for a TXI helmet in small for ages now. I finally find one at my dealership last night. I guess because I was looking for the Orange one to match my sled, I never even checked the solid black ones. Sure enough, they had a small there. I tried it on and it felt fine. I mean, it's small, and that's what my other helmet is. So with a beleclava it should be fine.
I got home and tried it on with the beleclava and strapped it up to find that there's still a bit of movement there. If I wiggle my head, the helmet with move a little. Where as my other snowmobile helmet that I've been using for years now, when it's on, it's on, and there isn't ANY movement.
So I'm kicking myself now, I'm guessing it's too big. Gosh darnit! bang your head I can take it back, but I'm frustrated. Will an XS be okay on me I wonder? Or will it be too tight. I just can't win. All I want's a TXI helmet. Didn't think I was asking for much.
How is everyone elses helmets fitting?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Alleycat, I just read the link you put there for me. I wonder if that would help or not. When the helmet is on, done up with a beleclava, it not only wiggles a bit up and down, but sideways too. Would the foam stop it from moving at all? I'm having trouble seeing that. I've thought about trying a fleece beleclava, but you know, on the warm days I don't normally wear a beleclava at all. So even if I pack my head right now while it's cold, to make the helmet snugger, how's that going to help me when it's warm out? I'm starting to think I'm SOL and my excitement of getting a TXI was for nothing. Darnit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If all else fails you can always just wear a baseball cap backwards, thats what I do, plus the bill keeps the snow from falling down your back

·
Registered
524 Posts
Shells for helmats come in a few different sizes right, xs s m l xl xxl etc.. right and they all come with padding to fit but as no one person has the same sized head most helmat manifaturers have many different sized padding for helmats to accomdate this problem. You should be able to get a slightly thicker padding for your helmat to make a snug fit.

Your helmat should have a snug fit, it should not be able to move up or down or side ways, it the helmat does move it will not protect you as advertised.

I suggest you go to where you bought the helmat and get them to get you thicker padding so that the hemalt has a snug fit, if they do not I suggest you return the helmat and go to a place where they will make sure your helmat fits properly because your life my depend on it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MarcF @ Feb 2 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If all else fails you can always just wear a baseball cap backwards, thats what I do, plus the bill keeps the snow from falling down your back[/b]
:rofl: Yeah I guess I could do that! Or I could just take the helmet back, and order an XS instead. Which is what I've done. Well ordered the new helmet anyways. I'll take the Small back when the new one is in on Tuesday or Wednesday.

What is it with helmets now a days. Are they getting bigger? Or is my head shrinking........... eekkk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Helmet should be snug with no movement. If it moves when you shake your head back and forth it's too big. I'd go back and try an XS to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts