Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here it goes. I have a 06 F-6 snopro. I need info. I raced my buddy on a small lake the other day. (He has a 01 zr440 snopro. I helped him put this sled together we took out the original motor and put a 98 zr600 motor into it, also we put black magic twin pipes on it with v-force reeds) ok getting back to the race, it was neck and neck for close to 660' and then he slowly pulled away. I need a clutch kit bad now! so I have 2 brands I've been lookin at ODS and D&D. The D&D has information about it on line but I emailed dan at ODS and he said his would perform better all around. What would you guys use? The very worst part of this whole story is, the sled he has, I used to drag race. We never lost! Half of those trophys in my avatar is from that sled. :boohoo:

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Having owned a F7 with the ODS kit, and riding with another buddy who also purchased an ODS kit for his F6, I can tell you from first hand experience Dan's clutch kits are awesome. Those two sleds were good out of the crate, but were flat out awesome after adding the ODS kit. I don't have any personal experience with the D&D kit, but from what I've heard they're good too. There's a little more work to do with the D&D according to one bud, whereas the ODS kit is pretty much a bolt on & go setup.

As I said, I can only offer insight on the ODS kit since I actually owned one ... and I would buy another one from Dan in a heartbeat. In fact, I'll be purchasing one for my new F8 if winter ever kicks into gear!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been VERY happy with my ODS clutch kit. In fact some of my friends installed them because of what it did to my sled. Dan is a great guy and what he says about his kits are correct. I too have not used the D&D so I can not speak good or bad about them. ODS is what I would use.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright Dudes :devil_angry: game on :super_happy: just ordered a clutch kit from dan. One question.. it says it comes with an old cover for the secondary clutch?? can you use this on the 06 or is it just for the older ones. You use that plastic nut to adjust the spring tension on these new ones?? Also is the clutch puller the same for the 06 as it was back in the day for the 2000 and newer? Thanks for the help guys He's goin down lol chflagwv:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts