Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This winter I'm planning to try riding from the Champlin area to the Emily/Outing area and wondering if someone has done this (or something similar) and can offer a few pearls of wisdom?

Also trying to figure out 1) how to get across 94 in the Maple Grove area from Elm Creek Park trails, 2) how many miles I will rack up, 3) if the ride can be completed in one day and 4)...if the ride is a two-day, where's a good half-way point with a hotel that is rideable from the trail?

LET IT SNOW!!!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
From Elm Creek Park reserve, the only legal way to get back across 94 is the trail a couple miles south of Rogers. It goes across an overpass bridge. From there, you will have to go NW to Monticello to get across the Mississippi. (you will cross 94 again either at Albertville or just south of Monticello) Once you get across the river, just head north on the trails.

I would think you could do this in a day pretty easily. I would guess that it is under 200 miles by trail. I have not done that whole trip, but have gone from Elm Creel to Mille Lacs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Elm Creek Park reserve, the only legal way to get back across 94 is the trail a couple miles south of Rogers. It goes across an overpass bridge....
Wyelde...thanks for the info!
I was on the Northwest Trail Association website...also looks like a bit of trail pooched with the new 610 extension...I'm keeping the sleds in town for December so if we get some snow I'm going to sniff out the trails from Elm Creek to Albertville to get a feel for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts